Plain old SKS for $200?

Shima

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw quite a few for that or under at the fairground gun show this past weekend.

Also some individuals were carrying them around but I didn't inquire. I have had

a early Norinco for over twenty years a love it.

The one's I saw for under that were rough. Some were bubba-rized.

Edited by R1100R
Added
Guest gcrookston

I haven't seen an sks of any type or condition for under $200 in several years. They are still to be found occasionally in the $225-250 range and plentiful in the $275 and up range. Today I picked up a Romanian Cugir 1st year production for $250. So far this year I've also found a Chicom 26 1972 mfg, arsenal near new condition for $225 and a very good ++ un-refurbed Russian Tula 1954 for $300.00.

I find pawn shops the best places to look for the best prices, but they are also occasionally to be had at the local gunstores.

Guest jcramin

If you have a C&R or know someone with a C&R J&G Sales (jgsales.com) starting at starting at $169 for good condition going up to $229 for Excellent Condition.

If you have a C&R or know someone with a C&R

I am thinking about getting me one from this place in good condition and cleaning it up myself.

J

Remember, a C&R does not allow you to purchase guns for resale. You have to explain to the BATFE why you purchased this gun and logged it in to your bound book and then turned around and sold/gave it to a friend. This could be very bad for you.

If you think you are going to purchase several curio and relic firearms, it is worth the $35 dollars to get the license. Once you have it you can fax it to places like JGSALES and Classic Arms to put in their file. You can then purchase from them whenever you like.

I had one but I never made a purchase so I am not renewing it.

Also, this license says the ATF can come in your house at any time to check your books.

Guest mikedwood

I bought a beautiful one a few weeks ago off a member of TGO for $200. Haven't got to shoot it yet but it is pretty and seems to operate nicely. I have seen a few in local gun shops for $250 to $350.

All guns seem to be going up but I suppose if guns don't go up the price of a box of ammo will pass them soon. ( I hope that is a joke)

Guest jcramin
Remember, a C&R does not allow you to purchase guns for resale.

Your right it does not allow you to buy guns for resale to make a profit. BUT, you can buy and sell guns with a C&R but you cant do it with the intention to make a profit or become a dealer. You can not do it over and over again. but it does allow you to sell guns for several reasons as long as it is not to make a profit. For example you just dont like it, or you found a nicer one.

Nothing wrong with buying two and keeping the best one for your self and selling the other one at zero profit.

Also, this license says the ATF can come in your house at any time to check your books.

No… they can’t. They have to call and schedule an appointment. I don’t even think they can do that with 01 FFL holders; but maybe one of the dealers here can answer that.

The question of the Feds entering your home has come up on many forums. I have never heard of a 03 FFL being audited… but I guess it could happen.

I saved over 200.00 just on one purchase from Midway for a AR15 upper. My C&R has payed for itself many times.

thumbsup.gif I have saved hundreds from Midway for a $30 license. I have never purchased a firearm with mine.

Guest bkelm18

Yep. The ATF cannot come into your home un-announced. They must schedule an appointment and from what I hear, most of the time you go to their office, not the other way around. I've never bought a gun with mine but have saved tons of money from Midway. It's great. My license payed for itself with my first order using it from Midway.

Back to the OP:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/copy_of_SKS_Yugo__Yugoslavian_M59_66_SKS_7_62x39_Rifle.html $199.95

• 3 weeks later...

I bought an unfired chinese at a show three months ago for 225.00. Some things to watch for, If its got a thirty round mag in it i steer clear, probably shot out or let get too hot. Tapco plastic stocks etc. bring down the value. I concur with the previous reply about pawn shops. I had several problems with yugos and their trigger groups also.last time i was in greenbriar he had four on the rack from 200, to 275.

Go to surplusrifle.com scroll down to the bottom theyve got good info. I called the batf here in nashville and recieved my paper work. Have to be o so careful filling it out.Have to have the chief law enforcement officer keep a copy. send it and a check off. while your waiting purchase a bound book. Mine took three weeks to return. Mail a signed copy COPY to the gun distributers to keep on file and your pretty much set.

how do you go about gettin a c&r?

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

There is always a lot of controversy about submitting a copy to the CLEO. You do not need the approval of the CLEO and you do not have to go there. You only have to send them a copy. They do not have to sign anything or forward it to the ATF; they can pitch it in the trash. This is only the ATF’s way of giving the CLEO an opportunity to warn them if you are a nut case.

Edited by DaveTN
Guest tnmale46
Go to surplusrifle.com scroll down to the bottom theyve got good info. I called the batf here in nashville and recieved my paper work. Have to be o so careful filling it out.Have to have the chief law enforcement officer keep a copy. send it and a check off. while your waiting purchase a bound book. Mine took three weeks to return. Mail a signed copy COPY to the gun distributers to keep on file and your pretty much set.
thanks
Guest tnmale46
http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/howtogetyourcurionrelicffl03/index.asp

There is always a lot of controversy about submitting a copy to the CLEO. You do not need the approval of the CLEO and you do not have to go there. You only have to send them a copy. They do not have to sign anything or forward it to the ATF; they can pitch it in the trash. This is only the ATF’s way of giving the CLEO an opportunity to warn them if you are a nut case.

thanks again