XD40 sub compact. Need a review

R1100R

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nitrous_mike

I bought mine new in Dec. 06 and have put more then 12k rounds through the gun with no problems other then the white coming out of the sights and the bluing has started to come off where I carry it and have done several holstered draw/fire's. I added an XD 45 full size this past year and love it as well but have noticed the bluing has started to come off as well but that is to be expected when you "abuse" them like I do.

Edited by nitrous_mike

I had a SC 9mm a few years ago. It was surprisingly accurate, and more manageable than a revolver of comperable size. The trigger was better than a Glock, and was overall about the same size. If I got one again, I would put a Pierce grip extender on the magazines.

Guest GT_Rat
True, but I figure for the size for the grip, one might as well carry a Service model...

I like that the shorter barrel doesn't grind into my bony hip as bad. :confused:

Guest db99wj
I like that the shorter barrel doesn't grind into my bony hip as bad. :)

You are 38, you need to fatten up with the rest of us!:confused:

Disclaimer, I am skinny and have a 6 pack, I just have ample insulation protecting it.:D

Guest GT_Rat
:confused: I carry my six pack in a handy padded carrying case. I'm actually a 34 waist and that longer barrel would be painful. Even my SC digs in at times. :-\

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.