Questions on which pistol and shotgun for 3 gun

Guest Blown4v

unless it is duty belt, but to me a idpa belt is a common sence type belt. that is what the rule says to me anyway, i quess someone could special order a 2" belt, or a tool type belt but there again it will not go through a belt loop. commoen sence, could not figture were it was going, i thinking why would someone take a double AA to a IDPA match.

still trying to figture out why Mike would say he could not use his carry holster. i know he knows what is range safe. if could not use it at a 3 gun then he could not use it at any match i do believe.

but i am wrong alot, i guess

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I mostly find it humorous that they bothered to make a rule about it at all, it would take a whale of a belt to break that rule while still fitting in the belt loops. And then I imagine some guy with custom pants that allow his custom belt and I wonder what "advantage" he thinks it provides... sigh. You *know* someone did this to inspire the creation of the rule.

unless it is duty belt, but to me a idpa belt is a common sence type belt. that is what the rule says to me anyway, i quess someone could special order a 2" belt, or a tool type belt but there again it will not go through a belt loop. commoen sence, could not figture were it was going, i thinking why would someone take a double AA to a IDPA match.

still trying to figture out why Mike would say he could not use his carry holster. i know he knows what is range safe. if could not use it at a 3 gun then he could not use it at any match i do believe.

but i am wrong alot, i guess

Its an appendix holster. IDPA and IPSC frown on them for some reason..

Mike

Mike

okay lets say you can use the appendix, at a 3 gun match. what would be the advanage to it in the game of 3 gun?

there is nothing Tactical about the game. not even the most populor Tactical Rifle match in the south. like the other games (not idpa, my 2 cents it is not tactical also) there are the targets, this is the shooting area, go! it is a race just like the others but more thinking about how to shoot it best for you.

there are some that dress the part, but most wear jeans and t-shirt. hell one year a guy won the match in PT shorts and shower shoes (flip flops) do not how they stayed on his feet but he had no issues, when a guy wearing tac cool gear trying to turn a corner slipped and went through the wall which was a section of privaticy fence haveing all the gear on only his pride was hurt.

how often does that happen combat boots out proformed my shower shoes! i know a tad off subjuct be a neat true story i saw.

Edited by RWF
Guest Blown4v
Theft issues.

Still not following you... Do you mean a theft at an event or a theft at my house out of a safe anchored to the floor that was put in before the walls were put up and will not fit through the door??

Still not following you... Do you mean a theft at an event or a theft at my house out of a safe anchored to the floor that was put in before the walls were put up and will not fit through the door??

if it was a safe or = i would have said nothing, try a pm to mike if you can not figure it out. i myself would not repost it.

Before you consider a Mossberg 930, please go to mossberg owners forum and read the troubled history of the 930 spx. I had two of them both were lemons.

They look good, feel good, and can't be beat for the price....don't be deceived.

nice info, what is the difference between the 930 and 935? did the 935 fix the 930 issues?

Mike

Mike, appendix holsters are legal in USPSA matches except for Production and Single Stack Divisions; the holster just has to comply with Rule 5.2.6 and 5.2.7. They used to be quite popular for handgun matches. A lot of folks want something with strong retention for 3-gun since you may do a lot of running before you draw.

5.2.6 USPSA Handgun matches will not require the use of a particular type

or brand of holster. However, the Range Master may deem that a competitor’s

holster is unsafe and order that it be improved to his satisfaction,

failing which it must be withdrawn from the match. Divisions may

restrict a specific type of holster.

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.1 A shoulder holster or “tie-down†rig (visible or otherwise),

except as specified in Rule 5.2.8,

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top

of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated

in Rule 5.2.8.

5.2.7.3 A holster with the muzzle of the handgun pointing further than

3 feet from the competitor’s feet while standing relaxed,

5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation

of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

Mike, appendix holsters are legal in USPSA matches except for Production and Single Stack Divisions; the holster just has to comply with Rule 5.2.6 and 5.2.7. They used to be quite popular for handgun matches. A lot of folks want something with strong retention for 3-gun since you may do a lot of running before you draw.

5.2.6 USPSA Handgun matches will not require the use of a particular type

or brand of holster. However, the Range Master may deem that a competitor’s

holster is unsafe and order that it be improved to his satisfaction,

failing which it must be withdrawn from the match. Divisions may

restrict a specific type of holster.

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.1 A shoulder holster or “tie-down” rig (visible or otherwise),

except as specified in Rule 5.2.8,

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top

of the belt, except as specified in Appendix D, or otherwise indicated

in Rule 5.2.8.

5.2.7.3 A holster with the muzzle of the handgun pointing further than

3 feet from the competitor’s feet while standing relaxed,

5.2.7.4 A holster which does not completely prevent access to, or activation

of, the trigger of the handgun while holstered.

Yeah, I tried running one and was told I was breaking the 180 rule. After a fruitless and lengthy explanation and demonstration on draw stroke and how they were wrong, I gave in and used my other holster.

Mike

I got into 3 gun last year and this is my setup, Pistol Glock 17, Rifle Rock River AR15, Shotgun FN SLP (love that gun). All 3 run 100% so far in the last year's shooting. I shot major power factor with my Para P14 a few times.

Lately I have really been getting into the Shotgun matches probably due to me liking to shoot the FN so much.