Taurus TCP?

patbax2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kamikaze

I had one. It jammed every magazine. I sent it back and they did fix it. I sold it and got a Smith and Wesson Bodyguard. It was worth the extra money. It just shot better. My wife hated them both. I then got her a P22 and she enjoyed shooting it but i didn't like the ballistics. I sold the S&W to my father and got the DB9. I like it better than any of the .380 pocket pistols I have owned or shot. I would let her shoot a tiny gun first to see of she can handle the recoil. My wife finally settled on a Glock 33 and she loves it. I like it to. It's just the right size. That is the story of my year long struggle to find my wife a carry pistol.

Guest Kamikaze

I have seen where they are selling just the gun with no extras for something like $219. At that price you could afford to try it. Having owned one I wouldn't buy another one even at that price.

I have seen where they are selling just the gun with no extras for something like $219. At that price you could afford to try it. Having owned one I wouldn't buy another one even at that price.

Academy has them for $199. So are you saying you didn't like it?

Make sure the wife has held and fired one first. long, heavy trigger guns with a fairly stout recoil... it is not the sort of gun that should be bought just because the price is right. The trigger pull on these things makes them extremely difficult to use, and I cannot recommend this class of weapon for a novice shooter. I do not KNOW that your wife is a novice shooter, but if she were experienced, she would be picking the gun out instead of you, so I made a leap of logic there :)

Guest Catfish36

Look up the thread I started titled: "Honest Opinions on small 380's??" on 12/13/11

I was also considering the Taurus TCP as well as the Ruger LCP.

These guys convinced me to spend the extra cash for the Sig P238..and I am SOOOO GLAD I DID. I really enjoy shooting this little pocket pistol. Nice trigger..good solid night sights..and little recoil. DO not by the Taurus until you have at least pulled the trigger on the P238.

Make sure the wife has held and fired one first. long, heavy trigger guns with a fairly stout recoil... it is not the sort of gun that should be bought just because the price is right. The trigger pull on these things makes them extremely difficult to use, and I cannot recommend this class of weapon for a novice shooter. I do not KNOW that your wife is a novice shooter, but if she were experienced, she would be picking the gun out instead of you, so I made a leap of logic there :(

Well she picked it out and the price helps, but that's not the only reason we were looking at it. I'll find that other thread and read up.

My wife carries one. The only issues I see (other than it's a pittly little thing:) is: One - The chamber is unsupported and it swells brass really bad beyond the hope of resizing it.. That's not TOO big a deal as how much are you really going to shoot it? Two - The worst thing is if you limp wrist it in the least little bit, the brass will pop you in the forehead. I've limp wristed it on purpose and it doesn't seem to affect cycling but this one throws the brass straight up and back. If you're not good and rigid, it'll thump you on the head. When I shoot it the brass lands about a foot behind me, right in between my stance.

I have one that i really like i know olot of people are having some problems with them, dont know if its them or the little gun, it is very small so if you are not very experienced with handguns it might be a problem. I did polish my feed ramp to a mirror finish right from the start. Have had zero problems at all and it carrys very easy, hope this helps you