Ugliest little revolver out there...

Ramjo

With regards to the OP's comment of function over form I definitely agree although admittedly I have never been much of a revolver fan in the past so the aesthetics is not much of a problem to me. Personally I like the Mad Max look it has going for it, and the 60DS model has the upper rail which could be useful for hunting. What few revolvers I have previously shot were not fun for me to shoot because of the felt recoil but with the Rhino that is not the case. I have been able to shoot the Rhino on a couple occasions now (.357 and 38 special both) and every time I have left wanting to shoot it again, and now I will probably end up owning one, maybe two.

Burris_FastFire_II_040.JPG

The only thing I don't like is the grips but I have not got a chance to shoot with the stock black rubber grips. Here is a short clip of a friend testing the 40DS out at Shooter's Edge in Piney Flats.

rhino 40ds - YouTube

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the OP's comment of function over form I definitely agree although admittedly I have never been much of a revolver fan in the past so the aesthetics is not much of a problem to me. Personally I like the Mad Max look it has going for it, and the 60DS model has the upper rail which could be useful for hunting. What few revolvers I have previously shot were not fun for me to shoot because of the felt recoil but with the Rhino that is not the case. I have been able to shoot the Rhino on a couple occasions now (.357 and 38 special both) and every time I have left wanting to shoot it again, and now I will probably end up owning one, maybe two.

Burris_FastFire_II_040.JPG

The only thing I don't like is the grips but I have not got a chance to shoot with the stock black rubber grips. Here is a short clip of a friend testing the 40DS out at Shooter's Edge in Piney Flats.

rhino 40ds - YouTube

Well, I am the OP and this is me firing this in the video. This is where I got my inspiration to create this thread.

Why? That's where his Holiness, JMB, was heading with his designs before he died... I've been told...

Yeah, well, I don't own a 1911, either. I don't like the idea of 'cocked and locked' carry and I don't like the idea of carrying a striker fired pistol. In pistols, I like DA, I like DAO and I like DA/SA because those are the most like a (traditional) revolver and revolvers are still my favorite.

"the single action is actuated by a hammer cocking device that engages the unexposed hammer to prepare to fire. " Chiappa Firearms

That is interesting. I have previously seen the Rhino described as being striker fired which is a little different than an 'unexposed hammer'.

Yeah, well, I don't own a 1911, either. I don't like the idea of 'cocked and locked' carry and I don't like the idea of carrying a striker fired pistol. In pistols, I like DA, I like DAO and I like DA/SA because those are the most like a (traditional) revolver and revolvers are still my favorite.

That is interesting. I have previously seen the Rhino described as being striker fired which is a little different than an 'unexposed hammer'.

A lot of parts in there...Chiappa_Rhino_60DS_063.JPGChiappa_Rhino_60DS_062.JPG