Patriot Collector 39 Gun Safe 2HR (TONS OF PICTURES)

My 2012 Model Patriot SafeCollector 39 Gun 2 Hour Safe arrived last week so I am sharing my experience here. It cost a little over $2,000 with current promotions. It shipped the day after I paid, and it took a week to ship from California to Tennessee.

Pros: Large, price is cheap compared to competition, 2HR fire rating, looks great with the black glossy finish, interior blue ambient lighting that turns on when the door is open, electronic lock, exterior paint is glossy and super easy to clean using windex

Cons: Cheap Construction of inside panel and trays, no instructions/documentation, door storage is velcro attached and will weaken with time (but you can just sew it straight on if that happens).

Shipping: I choose free curb delivery. The delivery guy was nice and used a pallet jack to get it to my rear door (even though he didn't have to). He told me I should invite the swat team over for training to get this safe in my house! I ended up using two pvc pipes to get it into my house by myself without any problems.

Incluldes: door storage, two sets of keys, external power backup (powered by four AA batteries) for using the digital lock, external power brick for lighting, extra interior cord, concrete plug and screws to attach it to the ground, pistol rack (if you ask for it they will include the pistol rack as well.

Overall I am completely satisfied. The safe weighs around 840lbs according to the shipper invoice. The pictures show the safe relatively empty since some of my guns are currently being worked on and I haven't moved the majority in the safe yet. The digital lock accepts two passcodes and you can easily reset them pressing a button once the safe is open. You can also set the time/date on the safe (but it goes year, month, day). If you have any questions post below.

20120216_183137.jpg

20120216_183131.jpg

20120216_183030.jpg

20120216_183019.jpg

20120216_183014.jpg

20120216_182955.jpg

20120216_182927.jpg

20120216_182922.jpg

20120216_182913.jpg

20120216_141958.jpg

20120216_141951.jpg

Edited by alwaysonjohn

Honestly it probably is made in China. Merlo claims it is made in USA but it ships from the warehouse in California (which is not a factory) and it happens to ship from the only address on file for the company... I personally don't care where it is made since I care about price, quality, and function over anything else. The American made safes are selling for nearly twice the price which is more than what I am willing to pay for something made here in the USA. The quality of the Patriot Safe is great overall, but there are a few annoyances (the outline of the inside panel is glued together and looks terrible). I will have to take pictures of the only quality concern I found. I love this safe btw.

20120219_213519.jpg

If you look the panel is glued on and overlaps a little bit with non-painted corners... This is the only quality concern I found and it is on the inside of the door.

Edited by alwaysonjohn
Guest BobPayne44

i have the same safe and love it, the only thing you have to watch for is anything hanging on the inside of the door that if it is even with the shelves the door will not close good

should have been a little more clearance between inside of door to shelves.

should have seen the 2 men that showed up to deliver mine try to go up the 6 stairs to my front porch.. they couldnt get it up the steps so they had to load it back on truck

i ended up taking a section of my deck railing off and letting them back up in the yard and lift gate was level with porch, it was that or wait 2-4 hours for them to get another crew out of nashville to come help get it up the steps.

Edited by BobPayne44

Yes, I haven't had the problem with the velcro yet, but i am loving the safe. It looks wonderful and performs great. It definitely holds EVERYTHING. atleast for now it does! Have you found a way to get a Gun Dehumidifier Rod installed? I am thinking of putting an 18" rod in the lower part in addition to my evadry dehumidifier.

This was a suggestion of how I should have approached this subject ................................ 'here is some info to help keep your safe from being broken into'.

LJ , can you be my proof reader ? maybe that will keep me out of hot water on this board !

Edited by av88tor

No offense Av88tor, but my front door is not built as flimsy. That safe looks like a cheap $400 safe from walmart. The front door of my Patriot weighs over 300lbs by itself and is very thick. Not only that, but my lock is completely different. No, I haven't ripped of the carpet to check the internals of the door, but I am pretty sure it's SOLID. I also don't think the kids that normally break into houses(trust me on this one since i happen to have a professional insight on Burglars) are going to know where to drill on my safe if there is one drill point which I DOUBT. Final thoughts: any safe can be broken into with the right knowledge. This safe is as safe as they come.

Deterrent #1: Pure weight and size

Deterrent #2: Bolted into ground

Deterrent #3: No tools around to help the burglar

Deterrent #4: My dog

Deterrent #5: My cop car parked outside

Deterrent #6: My Sig 220 that I keep hidden by my bed with tac light and loaded with Federal Hydra-shoks.

Guest BobPayne44

Yes, I haven't had the problem with the velcro yet, but i am loving the safe. It looks wonderful and performs great. It definitely holds EVERYTHING. atleast for now it does! Have you found a way to get a Gun Dehumidifier Rod installed? I am thinking of putting an 18" rod in the lower part in addition to my evadry dehumidifier.

I did order one of the 18" rods thinking i could tap into the lighting inside ( ordered rod before safe arrived ) then found out about the power being converted to DC so didnt want to drill another hole in safe so sent the rod back, my safe is inside a heated and cooled bedroom in home so i dont think i even need a dehumidifier .

also the 18" rod i thought could have been mounted on floor in front of shelves but then the door would not close so any type of dehumidifier would have to be mounted on back wall somewhere.

Guest BobPayne44

No offense Av88tor, but my front door is not built as flimsy. That safe looks like a cheap $400 safe from walmart. The front door of my Patriot weighs over 300lbs by itself and is very thick. Not only that, but my lock is completely different. No, I haven't ripped of the carpet to check the internals of the door, but I am pretty sure it's SOLID. I also don't think the kids that normally break into houses(trust me on this one since i happen to have a professional insight on Burglars) are going to know where to drill on my safe if there is one drill point which I DOUBT. Final thoughts: any safe can be broken into with the right knowledge. This safe is as safe as they come.

Deterrent #1: Pure weight and size

Deterrent #2: Bolted into ground

Deterrent #3: No tools around to help the burglar

Deterrent #4: My dog

Deterrent #5: My cop car parked outside

Deterrent #6: My Sig 220 that I keep hidden by my bed with tac light and loaded with Federal Hydra-shoks.

same here except unmarked ford explorer and monitored alarm with cellphone backup no sig but Taurus 45 acp and hydrashocks beside bed

and 870 tactical behind door and they better pray i dont have to open safe LOL we have had a rash of 10-27's in the north end of the county same as Clarksville

id like to see a home owner take 1 out and let it get in the news may curb it a little bit we made a few big arrests back mid december seems to have slowed it down a bit.

John,

Being in the Safe and Security business for almost 19 years I feel a duty to share my experiences with different safes and safe companies, probably like you being in law enforcement and wanting to protect the people in Clarksville.

Wanted to make sure you know that I was not trying to insult you on your purchase of the Patriot , just showing the facts about the construction on the safe, like I mentioned the one in the video is another model not the one you have, BUT I do have your model sitting in my warehouse and I have taken it apart and it is constructed similar to what is shown in the video, the bolt system is similar , no hard plate to stop drilling and the lock mechanisim works the same way.

I always tell my customers that a safe is your last line of defense and you should have other levels of security not just a safe and it sounds like you are ahead of the game, but don't under estimate a crook and their cunning to break into a home and a safe. I have talked to law enforcement officers that have had their homes and cars broken into and duty weapons and personal items stolen, have seen first hand safes that you normally thought were secure popped open like a tin can.

I only have a problem with Patriot hidding behind a cool website and not telling the truth about the construction of their safe and I have always offered anyone that would like to take a look at the Partriot first hand just stop by our showroom and I will let you decide for yourself.

But at the end of the day its just a safe and tomorrow the sun will come up and life goes on, if you are happy with your purchase that is what matters,

Thank you for your service

Edited by av88tor

Av88tor,

I must say, posting a "you're safe sucks" video after he bought it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You could have offered it as, 'here is some info to help keep your safe from being broken into'. The way it came across seems spiteful that it's not the company you'd recommend. Makes me not want to buy a safe from you just out of principle. That and the fact that you and Safes argue in every safe thread.

• Like 1

Av88tor,

I must say, posting a "you're safe sucks" video after he bought it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. You could have offered it as, 'here is some info to help keep your safe from being broken into'. The way it came across seems spiteful that it's not the company you'd recommend. Makes me not want to buy a safe from you just out of principle. That and the fact that you and Safes argue in every safe thread.

I agree....sick of seeing that unrealistic and sensational video every time the word "safe" is mentioned on a website.

If I catch flak about sharing the facts about Patroit safes then I guess that is something I'm prepared to do. As for me and "Safes" arguing , we really love each other and enjoy the good hearted banter.

LJ, check out my edit on my previous video post

Edited by av88tor

Av88tor, that safe is not even close to the model I purchased. If you want to do a safe sucks segment then post your own thread, don't crap in mine. I posted this thread to show-off my new safe and to take pictures to show people what they get if they want to buy one of these. These safes are awesome and I would have gotten an overpriced 45minute 16 gun safe if I did buy one from you. You're an authorized vender so feel free to do the same as I did and post threads of your safes to show them off, just don't crap in mine with FALSE/fake/lying your safe sucks videos of something that is not even close to what i have in this thread.

new to Nashville and TGO and I'm lookin for a safe since I couldn't move mine in the uhaul. Have read through some of the post on this board from the av88tor guy and have to say that he is consistent about telling how he see's it and he doesnt sugar coat any thing. Wondering why your are blastin him for just callin it like he sees it? interesting. I see that there are a couple of safe guys on the tgo and i will contact both. I would rathe r someone tell me the truth even if it is maybe not what I want to hear , instead of blowing sunshine up my pants leg. I can't find anyother safe that he has said the same thing about on other post. may have to check this out in person if I can get up during the day and drive down to his locatioon .

His posts are edited and if you check his history he likes to blast steam at everyone. If you post a thread stating you got a new gun and I went in your thread calling your gun a pos because x y and z then how would you feel. i am sure in his 18 years of experience he has learned to break into any safe, its just a matter of time. Also in my experience burglars don't drill, they knock them down and try to pry (and I have only seen them successful at cheaper safes doing this such as Walmart specials for $200). I would like to see a burglar try to do that to mine. Do go to his shop and check out his prices/models. Be prepared to spend a lot on a safe in general. I thought they cost around $800 since I had only seen safes at Lowes and Sam's Club. However, most gun safes are in the 2k range or at least that's what I set aside for my budget.

I just went by and took a look at the safe house and want he has in stock and while he was busy with a mother customer he took the time to answer my mostly goof ball questins . He showed the the Patriot safe only after I asked about it , it was stuck in a corner out of the way and all I would say is just go take a look at it, wow ! As for other brands he has a lot in stock and will deliver my safe, as I suspected the better safes cost more but he had plenty in the 2k range. I mentioned tgo and he indicated that he had emailed you and said he didnt intend to piss you off. He just seems like straight shooter and does not pull punches , you either like it or not. As I said prior post I would rather be told the truth instead of someone bsing me and just telling me what I want to hear. I didnt see what he said about your gun though . Now im gonna talk to the safes dude and see what he has to say and compare.

Owl

Edited by nightowl556

John,

I have said I didn't mean to insult your purchase of the Patriot, just sharing what I know about the brand. As for me editing my post , my fingers get ahead of my grey matter and I mis spell words and don't catch it until after I hit post and in memory of my high school english teacher I go back and correct my spelling.

Once again, enjoy your safe

• 1 year later...