buying a new EDC tomorrow, need some input *updated*

reed1285

well, after a whole weekend thinking about a few certain guns that I had in mind, I ended up purchasing one that never even crossed my mind. Here is my brand new EDC companion. A Ruger SR9C...

P1010606.jpg

I know, I know. A 9mm is not a big step up from a .380, but I couldnt help but love the gun. Heres how it went down.

I went to Shooters Depot this morning for the first time, looking for a Glock 27 or 33, or a ruger wheelgun. Turns out they sold out of their 27's on Saturday ( he said it was packed wall to wall in there that day). And they didnt have any 33's either. So after browsing around for a bit at the other compacts they had, he asked me if I had ever considered a Ruger SR9C. I said I have read about them and whatnot but never held/fired one. The second the gun hit my hand I loved it, it felt really good. After fooling with it for a minute or so, he said well do you want to shoot it, I replied with how much will it cost to test fire, and he said I'll let you shoot 5 rnds out of mine for free. Turned out thats what he carries as well. So we went in the range and I got to shoot 5 rnds through his gun. It was over then, I had forgot how much fun a 9 is to shoot. Very manageable recoil, ammo is always available, and cheap to shoot. So i told him to write it up and a box of ammo and that was it. Got the gun brand new, and a box of remington umc target ammo for under 500 bucks. 496 to be exact. I love the way the ruger feels in my hand, and am very glad he suggested it and was kind enough to let me shoot his for free.

A++++++ to Shooters Depot on Shallowford Rd. I will be a return customer. Oh, and I just placed my order for a Crossbreed supertuck deluxe IWB holtset as well.

Awesome gun (I just bought mine from FGS two weeks ago). I am also waiting on my Crossbreed Supertuck (I ordered it last week)

Awesome gun (I just bought mine from FGS two weeks ago). I am also waiting on my Crossbreed Supertuck (I ordered it last week)

yeah I cant wait to go put some rounds through it, I just ordered my Crossbreed today and it said on there website to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery, which sucks, but from what i hear they are worth waiting for

Nice pistol, I've looked at several and liked them, it should work well for you. BTW the 9mm P is a larger step up from the 9mm k that you realize, you'll be able to run +p and +p+ round's through the SR9c. You've purchased a very effective EDC SDP, take it to the range and practice with it.