Kahr's to hit or miss to take a chance on a used one

Patton

My wife's MK9 is just passed 1500 rounds and has had two jams;

One right at 300 due to my dirty Unique bunny fart load we were shooting and a buddy just limp wristed it last week at the range,

It's easy shooting, highly concealable and wicked accurate.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FiddleDog

I've owned 3 Kahrs. the first was a CW9 that was great out of the box - utterly reliable, perfect size, and a very good trigger for DOA. The second was a P45 which had constant issues with stove piping, regardless of ammo. I cut my teeth on a 1911 and am confident that it wasn't limp-wristing (as so many people like to throw out immediately). The stove piping occurred with multiple shooters (I had a number of friends, as well as range officers shoot it, just so I could satisfactorily rule out limp-wristing). Problems occurred well into the 800 shot mark (though admittedly, I should have reset the "break in count" each time I got it back from Kahr). Around the 600 mark, I started experiencing issues with the trigger not reseting. I would have to slap the side of the gun to get the trigger to reset about 1 in 3 shots. I ended up trading it at a loss. The 3rd, and last Kahr that I owned had a big gouge taken out of the feed ramp on the right side. Kahr wanted the gun back instead of being willing to ship a new barrel to the dealer from which I purchased it. It was gone for around 2 months. I purchased it 2 days before they started that free magazine offer - I figured I would ask if they would honor the offer for me, in light of the circumstances. The answer was no. Fair enough. I did purchase the weapon 48 hours before the offer went live - but in my eyes, it was a missed opportunity for them to show good will and "above and beyond" customer service. At the end of the day, I really felt like my business wasn't all that important to them, so I've decided to stop giving it to them. In their defense, I do admit that the actual people that i spoke to were polite, timely, and professional - and they seemed as frustrated as I was at the inflexibility of their company policy. That gun, even though it was brought up to speed, ended up leaving my collection shortly thereafter, as well.

Edited by FiddleDog
Guest etnsr9c

I have had 4 karhs(a pm9, cw9, cw45, and a k9) all of them ran flawless. But I always carry a spare mag, and the spare mags on all of them would dump rounds as they where riding in my pocket or spare mag carrier. I tried several different mag carriers and got the same result. I dont know if it is just me that has had this problem, but to me carrying a gun is just not the gun but a whole kit of gear that includes a spare mag. I wish I could be confident in the mags of karh pistols because a p9 or a pm9 would become part of my edc.

2500 is Kahr's recommended recoil spring replacement , I believe the Glock is around 3000.

The thing is Ive seen Glocks go 15,000 rounds without cleaning much less part replacement in torture test...

As far as Kahrs go, I always wanted one but they were high when I was looking at them(Around $700),but I have a strict policy on NOT using firearms with bad reps and or a firearm that breaks on me personally as a tool to defend my life.

Edited by ~48_South~
Guest bkelm18

The thing is Ive seen Glocks go 15,000 rounds without cleaning much less part replacement in torture test...

Glocks are designed to be indestructable and last forever. That's their purpose. Comparing apples and oranges.

Guest motonut

I've had a CW9 I bought new, now has about 600 rds through it. Picked up a used PM9 last summer, it had most definately been shot but no idea how many rounds, I've put about 400 rds. through her. Not a lick of problem with either. As someone else said they are freakishly accurate for such a small gun.