CompTac MTAC Revisited

Guest CrazyLincoln

Guest CrazyLincoln

I recently purchased a CompTac Minotaur Holster. As I mentioned in a previous thread, I would review it:

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6752

However, I figured it would be best to start a new thread on the subject since the other posts on this holster were various blurbs.

The holster itself works wonderfully for my situation. It holds my Sig P239 securely in just about any position. Using the C-clips, I can tuck in my shirt and the holster is virtually invisible. The clips themselves are somewhat visible, but on a black belt on dark pants, the casual eye will totally disregard them.

Unlike some of their less expensive models, the holster is padded with extra leather. This makes for a very comfortable holster in any situation. Sometimes, I forget I am wearing it. It took a couple hours of adjusting before getting the cant and retention where I prefer, but I have not had to mess with it since.

The holster has interchangeable 'bodies' so you don't have to buy a holster for each gun (there is a slight inconvenience here though). There are also different clip styles, which are easily changeable. The standard clips offer more support, which are perfect for those who do not have to tuck their shirts. Also the Velcro clips, with the proper belt, make the holster essentially invisible. I think I will try these next.

The pants worn with these, like any IWB, should be a size bigger than normal for the best comfort. Also a reinforced belt makes an enormous difference in comfort as well.

The customer service from this company was top notch. I was emailed, by a person every step of the process. The order was slated for two weeks, but was sent out in 3 days. They even included candy and a hand signed thankyou note/ packing slip in the box.

IMHO this holster is worth every penny, and is the best for IWB carry. I know many of you have had similar experiences. Quality at a reasonable price is hard to come by these days, so I figured I would spread the word...

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

I got smarties as well, they were good. If I change carry guns, I will buy another one, I might upgrade to the MTAC, but I do love my CTAC....I will probably keep my CTAC until I change, then get a MTAC.

Guest nosnos

I got an MTAC three days ago for my Glock 26. It seems to me to be the best possible IWB you can get. Carried it all day yesterday with no discomfort. The only discomfort was the fact that I felt like everyone could see it. Normally i only carry my .380 keltec in my pocket and Im never afraid people can see that.

I'm new at carrying, so I think Im still just getting used to it. The MTAC is EXTREMELY concealable.

I got an MTAC three days ago for my Glock 26. It seems to me to be the best possible IWB you can get. Carried it all day yesterday with no discomfort. The only discomfort was the fact that I felt like everyone could see it. Normally i only carry my .380 keltec in my pocket and Im never afraid people can see that.

I'm new at carrying, so I think Im still just getting used to it. The MTAC is EXTREMELY concealable.

Do you feel the MTAC covers your trigger well enough? Just asking cause Im thinking of getting one for my 19

Guest CrazyLincoln
Do you feel the MTAC covers your trigger well enough? Just asking cause Im thinking of getting one for my 19

Not sure on the Glock, on the sig it covers the trigger entirely.

Comp-Tac is top-notch except for their shipping. They shipped my CTAC through the post office, signature required. No signing the notice and leaving it for them the next day--they had to watch me sign it. I work and wasn't home, and my post office is closed on Saturdays. Kinda makes it tough to get my stuff.

BTW, I love my CTAC.

I carry a Glock 23 and 27 in the same MTAC. It offers full trigger coverage on both models.

+1 on the all day comfort. I have been wearing one daily for over 2 months.

Guest nosnos

Yep. Fully covered trigger on the 26.

Do you all wear a real gun belt with this holster? What're the benefits of the big, thick nylon belts?

Guest CrazyLincoln

Do you all wear a real gun belt with this holster? What're the benefits of the big, thick nylon belts?

Just got my MTAC for my XD and love it.

Benefits of a good gun belt are better support and less sagging of your weapon.

It doesn't have to be a big nylon belt, a kydex reinforced belt works well too, and looks like a regular belt.

Guest Disney

+1 on the MTAC.

I have one for Commander sized Kimber 1911. LOVE IT! Very comfortable and with the adjustability, you can tailor it to suit anything you're wearing. I change the angle of it between jeans/dress slacks and when i'm just wearing casual shorts.

I especially like that it easily stays concealed when i'm on the motorcycle.

You can definitely wear this all day with zero discomfort. Most times i forget that iam wearing it.

I normally either wear a 1 3/4" Nylon BDU belt, or a 1 3/4" Leather belt that I made a few years ago. I recently bought a 5.11 double stitched nylon belt, but I got it a size big, so I need to get the next smaller size.

The big thing to consider is what size belt that you are going to wear when purchasing the clips for your holster. Jeans etc will take the bigger belt, but most khaki's or dress pants have smaller belt loops, so just a heads up on that.

Guest drc767

I use the MTAC almost exclusively with all my ccw's. I have tried a ton of different rigs from the Milt Sparks VMII, Brommeland Max Con V, ect. I keep coming back to the MTAC. The only thing I do not like about it is the fact that it is not as easy to slide inside the waist band to hook it to the belt. Other than that, it is one of the most comfortable rigs out there, in my opinion.