IDPA Match 04/07/2012 - Music City Tactical Shooters

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4

This one looks like a lot of fun. But can't we find a way to incorporate shooting the plate rack on the move again?

(hides under chair) :hiding:

How about, plate rack while moving, from retention?

This will be a great match. I hope everyone that can shows up. As always, new, safe shooters are welcome to come out and participate.

Set-up begins at 7:00am. I will need some help on this one. The bean counters have already complained about using so many targets. B)

How about, plate rack while moving, from retention?

This will be a great match. I hope everyone that can shows up. As always, new, safe shooters are welcome to come out and participate.

Set-up begins at 7:00am. I will need some help on this one. The bean counters have already complained about using so many targets. B)

I have not.

Guest Cogent Design

I've never done this, but I'm going pending the wife's permission!

My understanding is I'll need to be dressed in something resembling an all day concealed carry outfit, and I'll need to be there at 8:30 with $20 in hand.

I'm on my own for ammo of course. Can I carry spare magazines in pockets, or do I need a holster for those as well? How many magazines can I carry on me, is there a max round count?

Thanks.

Guest gw2and4

I've never done this, but I'm going pending the wife's permission!

My understanding is I'll need to be dressed in something resembling an all day concealed carry outfit, and I'll need to be there at 8:30 with $20 in hand.

I'm on my own for ammo of course. Can I carry spare magazines in pockets, or do I need a holster for those as well? How many magazines can I carry on me, is there a max round count?

Thanks.

Match fee for non club members is $20. You'll need a concealment garment of some type. It can be a vest, overshirt, jacket etc...or you can just leave your shirt untucked to cover your strong side holster. We have guys that run inside the waist holsters under an untucked t-shirt without problems. It's a bit slower on the clock than pushing aside a vest, but certainly more realistic to how many of us carry on a daily basis.

No crossdraw, shoulder, or small of back holsters allowed for safety reasons.

As far as magazines, you can carry them in pockets below the waistband if you don't have mag pouches. Pouches are much faster, but don't let the lack of one keep you from shooting this match. Depending on what type of pistol you have...someone may have extras to lend you. For example--I have a couple extra Glock mag pouches to lend you if you're a Glock shooter.

Limit is two spare mags or three speedloaders if you shoot a revolver. 10 round max per mag, and might be lower depending on division.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Just show up and we'll help you figure it out.

For more info, check out the club website and read the New Shooters page. http://www.mctsclub.com/equipment.html

Hope you make it out.

LOL, It was suppose to be funny.... Let's squad up man lets have all 1911 in a squad...

Fine with me. I'll announce it the shooters meeting.

I'm getting excited about this match. Looking forward to a big turnout and a lot of new faces.

All 1911s, Norma will be so disappointed not to shoot with you!

They don't want Norma shooting with them--unless they will be happy coming in second.

Edited by Mechanic_X
Guest gw2and4
LOL, It was suppose to be funny.... Let's squad up man lets have all 1911 in a squad...

Are you kidding? That would take too long with all the malfunctions and stoppages being in the same squad. Not to mention going into the third mag on EVERY STAGE. And then Charlie will be drooling over all that .45 brass...

(And yes, I'm kidding.)

Sent from my iPhone 4

Right now the weather forecast looks great. Should be a great day of shooting.

Again let me encourage new--safe shooters, who have been wanting to try out IDPA, to come to the range.

If you have any questions; feel free to email, call or PM me. I'll answer them or get an answer for you.