SERE-C in a few months, wish me luck

Well, its almost time. I have my reservation and will be attending SERE-C(Survival Evasion Resistance and Escape) school this coming fall. Any words of advice? I have the mental fortitude, I guess it's going to be 100% my tolerance for pain that will get me through.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do exactly what the instructors tell you to do and take it to heart. They've conducted the course multiple times, you attend only once. If there is a pre-course package of instruction, read it cover to cover and follow it implicitly.

Well first I would say not to G2 the training. Most of the course will be instruction, which is open and available information. The last part you need to go in with a clear head and not attempt to G2 any of the scenarios in the camp. I was tasked as a prison guard at the RTL a year before going through the course, so I had advanced knowledge on so much of it, and it ruined the experience for me. I was already prepared for how to handle certain scenarios and it affected the training value for me.

Just remember, everything you learn in class you'll have to reference later so pay close attention.

Other than that my advice would be this: DO NOT binge eat for the week following the course. Your body will be trying to store away every calorie you take in after that event. Losing 20 pounds in 6 days will make your body do things a little differently for a while.

TMF is correct. You want to be caught off guard by the scenarios presented in the course. They will try to trick you and will probably succeed at least once. Pay attention to the instructors. They really are top notch and know what they're talking about. Other than that, you will learn what you need to know in the course. Good luck and enjoy.

Thanks TMF, good info. I will do what I need to make it through. I truly am excited, but everyone who has completed teh course responds with " No You're Not!" and I do understand. I'm jsut glad I have the opportunity, not necessarily glad for how I'll feel.

Thanks TMF, good info. I will do what I need to make it through. I truly am excited, but everyone who has completed teh course responds with " No You're Not!" and I do understand. I'm jsut glad I have the opportunity, not necessarily glad for how I'll feel.

Well good luck and try to have fun with it. I promise that you'll look back on some of it and have some good laughs. Not kidding about the diet. I gained back the weight and then some in a couple weeks, and it wasn't in a good way.