Ruger Gunsite Scout

leftyk82

You don't want one. Atl least until I get one. It's hard enough finding one in this state already.

Seriously, I have never held or seen one I person, but I am definitely going to purchas one. I think they are best looking scout rifle to date.

You don't want one. Atl least until I get one. It's hard enough finding one in this state already.

Seriously, I have never held or seen one I person, but I am definitely going to purchas one. I think they are best looking scout rifle to date.

Ha. I will defer to you kind sir.

Yes I've heard great things, not quite ready to buy yet.

I have one. It is an absolute beauty. Haven't gotten to try it out at any seriously long distances, but I obliterated a golf ball at 75 yards using the iron sights with ease. I love shooting it and I plan to do so again some time this week. In fact I'm currently planning on Tuesday at the TWRA range. I don't think I'd mind too much if a couple people want to play with it a bit.

I have one. It is an absolute beauty. Haven't gotten to try it out at any seriously long distances, but I obliterated a golf ball at 75 yards using the iron sights with ease. I love shooting it and I plan to do so again some time this week. In fact I'm currently planning on Tuesday at the TWRA range. I don't think I'd mind too much if a couple people want to play with it a bit.

TWRA Range? Cheatham?

Also it occurs to me I need to talk to GnL about a little bit of leather work for a knife sheath, so I'll probably pick up some .45 and take my Ruger 1911 there instead of taking the rifle out to Cheatham.

Also it looks like Thursday is going to be the range day. If anybody wants to keep up to date just send me a message, as I'm sure the plans are bound to change and I need to stop hogging this thread with my own personal whatnot.

It looks like a good concept, but I think a good AR10 style rifle would do about the same job with a faster rate of fire.

And more weight.

To be fair to col cooper i dont think red dots and magnifiers were available when he came up with the concept.

I got one about 5 or 6 months ago. Shot about 2-3" group at 100 yds., which I thought was pretty for peep sights and old eyes.

I still can't decide what kind of optics to put on it. Keep thinking either an EOTEC or extended eye relief.