Boating

I get tired of the boat ramp hobos sitting in or standing around their cars watching and drinking beer not doing anything except clogging up the entrance queue to the boat ramp.

I broke a shear pin once and a couple nice guys offered me a beer and towed me back to the ramp and wouldn't take any money. I was feeling cool about boaters until I got back to my truck and seen where someone had backed into my passenger door. They didn't leave a note or a fishing pole

crowded%20boat%20ramp.jpg

Scum bags!

Yup, that's the motor! To this day I'm not 100% sure what happened. I pulled up on the bank to get to my deer stand & 4 hours later came back to this. The only thing I can think happened is that the angle of the bank put the bilge-drain underwater & it back filled into the boat!

I had to pile rocks on the front deck to raise the back end (thank you high-school physics!) & bail it out with my hands. The troller got my the 4 miles back to the ramp. Slowly.

Speaking of high-school physics - I have yet to figure out why a pinhole in the bottom of my canoe will let water in when I'm on the river, but won't let water out when I forget to turn it over and it fills with rain... must be one of those "lost socks in the dryer" sort of things. (I'm also still trying to figure out why the socks I lose in the dryer never match the ones I've already lost in the dryer, but then I digress...)

:-\

The pressure of the water is too great to let it out, but you are too light to keep it out. That's my theory at least.

You, sir, truly have never owned one of these siren's songs.... there is an explanation for that problem that even physics cannot describe. It is called a boat being a boat. The wallet's answer to the question of the square root of Pi and perpetual motion (literally), and far more jealous and treacherous than any woman a man could take as a lover.

Over the top? I think not....... :lol:

Edited by Good_Steward

You, sir, truly have never owned one of these siren's songs.... there is an explanation for that problem that even physics cannot describe. It is called a boat being a boat. The wallet's answer to the question of the square root of Pi, and far more jealous and treacherous than any woman a man could take as a lover.

Over the top? I think not....... :lol:

I like it, much better answer sir. You are correct, I have not owned one of these "siren's songs." lol Edited by gjohnsoniv

Isn't that the truth. I've always been around them, but never bothered to get the license.

License? With all of the boats I've owned, in several different states, in lengths up to 36', I've never had to get a license. Registration, yes. License, no. I know Tennessee requires a safety course if you're a youngster born after 1989. I'd owned several boats by 1989. I guess I'm "grandfathered" in. With as many grandkids as I have, I ought to be grandfathered into anything.

By the way, this should really go in the "Whiskey Thread", but I am really liking the Chattanooga Whiskey Co.'s 1816 Reserve. Makes me philosophical (obviously redneck, boating, and fishing philosophical, but hey, that's alright, too)

Edited by Good_Steward

License? With all of the boats I've owned, in several different states, in lengths up to 36', I've never had to get a license. Registration, yes. License, no. I know Tennessee requires a safety course if you're a youngster born after 1989. I'd owned several boats by 1989. I guess I'm "grandfathered" in. With as many grandkids as I have, I ought to be grandfathered into anything.

You, sir, are grandfathered in. As am I, at the ripe old age of 36.

I barely missed the deadline.
Guest mcgyver210

You, sir, are grandfathered in. As am I, at the ripe old age of 36.

I was also Grand Fathered but my son had to take course so I decided to also take a course. We both passed no problem.

Edited by mcgyver210

The pressure of the water is too great to let it out, but you are too light to keep it out. That's my theory at least.

I like that theory, I really do! (If only because it means that maybe my ex was wrong and I'm not really such a lard-ass after all.) :lol:

As to all the stuff about Pi - well, I knew I was sunk the day my high school math teacher tried to tell that us "pie are square" and I told him he was wrong because any darn fool knows that pie are round -cornbread and brownies are square! :P

I like that theory, I really do! (If only because it means that maybe my ex was wrong and I'm not really such a lard-ass after all.) :lol:

As to all the stuff about Pi - well, I knew I was sunk the day my high school math teacher tried to tell that us "pie are square" and I told him he was wrong because any darn fool knows that pie are round -cornbread and brownies are square! :P

What kind of "corn bread" you eat? Mine is round!

Worked on the boat for a few yesterday and plugged in a new "power trim relay" and sparks shot off it. Burned a wire out of the back of the 5 prong female plug. So, last night I went on an E-Bay shopping trip and bought new everything for the relays. Plugs, relays, wires.....and on and on and on.......

Maybe that all will fix the problem.

That just moved the Bass to $92.00 a pound.

Edited by wd-40

What kind of "corn bread" you eat? Mine is round!

Worked on the boat for a few yesterday and plugged in a new "power trim relay" and sparks shot off it. Burned a wire out of the back of the 5 prong female plug. So, last night I went on an E-Bay shopping trip and bought new everything for the relays. Plugs, relays, wires.....and on and on and on.......

Maybe that all will fix the problem.

That just moved the Bass to $92.00 a pound.

I eat the kind of corn bread that starts off round, but gets cut into square chunks so it'll sop up more chili.

Oh, and a couple of weeks ago I invested in some rubberized spray sealant and spray on bed-liner to coat the keel of my canoe. It cost me a total of about 20 bucks. Given that I've had this particular canoe for going on ten years and this is the first thing I've ever done to it, I figure that brings the cost trout up to about... well, let's just say that at this rate, in about two more years the trout should be paying me to catch them! (Actually, come to think of it, in a way they already do.) :pleased:

Replaced the relay plugs and switches. All is well! Everything is working like new and I'm getting the urge to fish this weekend. Going to work in the garden today and maybe make a holster for my 1911 or tan a piece of buckskin. We'll see how the day unfolds!

"Timestepper" your package should be there today.

It was indeed, Dave, and I was lucky enough to be home to get it. THANK YOU! Should get a chance to stop at the Mapco (exit 24) today and I'd be tickled to buy you a cup of coffee if you're available. I'll shoot you a pm a little later this morning with the approximate time.

Oh, and I wanted desperately to float the Clinch on Saturday, but my dear, sweet better half has informed me that I'm going to a rabbit show in Loudon instead. :surrender:

Was suppose to be off today, but that got canceled. I'll be at work, keep me in mind for the next time!

Noted. Should be back through tomorrow sometime. (Going to Marion, Il. to unload, then should reload in Paducah coming back this way. I'll know more this evening.)

Oh, and I wanted desperately to float the Clinch on Saturday, but my dear, sweet better half has informed me that I'm going to a rabbit show in Loudon instead. :surrender:

I take it you raise rabbits? I have some, and just had a litter of 5 born. I lost 2 but still have 3 lively little bunnies. I started out raising "San Juans" to train beagle pups. That's been a few years ago. I still have a breeding pair that is not pure San Juan but I get good litters of meat and "pet" rabbits from.

Just getting started on it. We've got one little Dutch Lop that my wife bought as a pet (he's house broken and annoys hell outta' the dogs and cat because he's horny 27 hours a day), but she's decided she wants to start raising rabbits for showing and sale. Can't remember the particular breed she's interested in, but no one in East Tennessee has them and there's a gal coming down from Kentucky for the show Saturday that does.

Love all our little critters, but between the pygmy goats (just had a new one born 3 weeks ago today, which brings us up to 3 does), the Bantam and Rhode Island Red chickens and now the rabbits - me and my cat are either gonna' have to retire or hire some help just to get everything done that we're behind on. (My cat is my helper - her Schnauzers mostly just bark and p!ss on stuff.)

Just hoping now that my driving schedule will change enough to allow me to get out on the Clinch on Sunday morning for a few hours.

I was half-right: "Otis" is a Holland Lop and the ones that are in short supply in our area are Dutch.

And I had an Angora sweater catch on fire when I was younger. Suffice it to say that if they taste anything like they smell then I don't want it anywhere near my mouth.