New Primitive Survival Skills Meet-Up

Laugh at my work, suuurreee. I worked as a blacksmith for a couple years so I think I could hold my own. In any case guess that means it's the Sog tomahawk instead... lol

Play on words there, GJ, play on words - "forge" as in to make a non-original copy or "forgery." I wasn't insulting your work, I was being a smartass and inferring a completely different meaning than what you obviously meant. It was an attempt at shall we say "Historical re-enacting humor" and obviously it failed miserably. :-\:lol:

Play on words there, GJ, play on words - "forge" as in to make a non-original copy or "forgery." I wasn't insulting your work, I was being a smartass and inferring a completely different meaning than what you obviously meant. It was an attempt at shall we say "Historical re-enacting humor" and obviously it failed miserably. :-\:lol:

I caught that just a minute ago when I read it for content, then walked off and went "duh." It's just been one of those "days."

I caught that just a minute ago when I read it for content, then walked off and went "duh." It's just been one of those "days."

Timekeeper "Ol' Scratch", has somewhat of an "odd" sense of humor as I'm finding out. I can't wait to meet this "mountainman".....a battle of wits indeed!

Dave

Edited by wd-40

As long as it wasn't with an unarmed person. Then it would just be... unnecessary. :lol:

Nothin' to worry about from me, though. Most days I'm kinda' fast, but some days I'm just "half-fast." :-\:D

I'll be sure to bring my wits with me. :slap: <-- my common sense versus my wits. Edited by gjohnsoniv

Timekeeper "Ol' Scratch", has somewhat of an "odd" sense of humor as I'm finding out. I can't wait to meet this "mountainman".....a battle of wits indeed!

Dave

Maybe instead of saying a "Battle of Wits", I should have said "Two old broke down minds and bodies trying to be young again!"

Hey, I wanna come! I'll have to see what my schedule permits as the time draws nearer, but I'd love to be a part of this get together!

And we'd love to have you! Tell you what - tell your your boss that you've got a life and it's demanding that you live it for a while on the 22nd/23rd of June. (After that, he can have it back - you're only gonna' need to borrow it for a day or two.) :lol:

Well, the votes are running 3 to 1 in favor of the 23rd right now, so that's what I'm planning for. If someone would rather do the 30th then they need to vote. If we suddenly get a bunch of votes for the 30th, then I'll change my plans accordingly. Big thing is I don't want someone to sit around and wait to see which date is chosen and then complain because they wanted the other date, but didn't bother to click the vote button.

This is not Washington D.C., folks, every vote counts here!

Yes, please get your votes in as soon as you can. No later than June 15th to give everyone time to make plans please. We will go with the date that has the highest number of votes plain and simple. So if you plan to attend, please vote soon, and start getting your supplies ready for a hellasish shindig

I'll be sure to bring my wits with me. :slap: <-- my common sense versus my wits.

Okay, I'm really dense this week so explain it to me - Is your common sense bitch slapping your wits (in which case one would assume you are long on common sense, but lacking in wits) or is it the other way around? Sorry, but I just don't get it. :shrug:

Okay, I'm really dense this week so explain it to me - Is your common sense bitch slapping your wits (in which case one would assume you are long on common sense, but lacking in wits) or is it the other way around? Sorry, but I just don't get it. :shrug:

It's more on the lines of very sharp wit and common sense, but have always said things when I probably could have held back. Best example is with my mother. I have said some things that have gone right over her head and then I get yelled at, when I never should have said it in the first place. The :slapfight: would have actually been better in retrospect because I'm always fighting myself. Edited by gjohnsoniv

I know exactly what you mean. (In fact, something about the word "forgery" immediately jumps into my mind.) Or the time when my first wife made something for supper that I just could not bring myself to eat, so I gave it to the dog who took one bite and immediately started licking his butt! She looked at me and asked, "What's he doing that for?" and before I could get my hand over my mouth, I blurted out, "Well, I ain't sure, but I think he's probably trying to get the taste out of his mouth!"

OOOOPS! :blush::shake::blush:

I know exactly what you mean. (In fact, something about the word "forgery" immediately jumps into my mind.) Or the time when my first wife made something for supper that I just could not bring myself to eat, so I gave it to the dog who took one bite and immediately started licking his butt! She looked at me and asked, "What's he doing that for?" and before I could get my hand over my mouth, I blurted out, "Well, I ain't sure, but I think he's probably trying to get the taste out of his mouth!"

I'm sure you caught it for that one.

I likey!!!

FWIW, I've withdrawn my vote for the 23'rd because I know that Wd-40 is more likely to be able to make it on the 30th. I've told Spots that I'll make a point of being available for whatever date is chosen and I will, but my wife wants to do something on the 30th and I can't quite bring myself to deliberately vote against her.

Whatever date is chosen, I will be there. And I will try to camp out the night before if I get in off the road soon enough. So ya'll keep me posted as to the final chosen date and we'll take it from there.

...Don...

Don't change the majority vote to accomendate one. My family is driving in from New Mexico and arriving here the 23rd. But if I miss that date, then we'll plan another in the fall.

Dave

Don't change the majority vote to accomendate one. My family is driving in from New Mexico and arriving here the 23rd. But if I miss that date, then we'll plan another in the fall.

Dave

Not changing it to "accommodate one." Rescinded it because we'll all be better off if you can make it. What part of NM are they coming in from?

I've delivered at Kirkland - at least they'll be on I-40 all the way to Crashville.

I remember getting laid over (actually my turbo went out) for a week in Alb. during the hot air balloon festival and was talking with a gal from the information booth (okay, I was single then and trying to get her to give me "a personal tour.") and asked her what was the weirdest question anyone had asked her - she told me that someone had called just before the Opening Ceremony and asked if they had to be Catholic to attend the Mass Ascension. God, I nearly laughed until I cried! :rofl: (And yes, she did give a tour later on and it was very personal! :pleased: )

I've delivered at Kirkland - at least they'll be on I-40 all the way to Crashville.

I remember getting laid over (actually my turbo went out) for a week in Alb. during the hot air balloon festival and was talking with a gal from the information booth (okay, I was single then and trying to get her to give me "a personal tour.") and asked her what was the weirdest question anyone had asked her - she told me that someone had called just before the Opening Ceremony and asked if they had to be Catholic to attend the Mass Ascension. God, I nearly laughed until I cried! :rofl: (And yes, she did give a tour later on and it was very personal! :pleased: )

Lol, you live an interesting life I must say.