slow motion owl

z90HD

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The owl , especially the Great Horned Owl , is my favorite animal of all . I never understood why the Eagle is our national bird . The Owl is such an awesome creature. I read that pound per pound , the owl is one of the most efficient killing/hunting machines that there is in the world . When they swoop in to grab prey their wings are silent . I could go on and on about them. When I was going to work one night , there was a Great Horned Owl that swooped in toward my patrol car and went right across the hood without touching it . That owl was at least , and I say again , at least 5 foot wide with his/her wings spread out . Those big yellow eyes are awesome !

Edited by tercel89

I had one swoop across my windshield when in high school. I will say his wing span covered the windshield of a 78 dodge challenger and I almost had a stroke. Scared me enough I still remember it 25 yrs later.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

I had one swoop across my windshield when in high school. I will say his wing span covered the windshield of a 78 dodge challenger and I almost had a stroke. Scared me enough I still remember it 25 yrs later.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Awesome . I am like a nerd when it comes to Owls. They are the "Bomb" !

Awesome vid. Last summer I was running in my neighborhood at 4:30 in the morning and I had a barred owl divebomb me just like that. It flew so close to my head on the first pass I had to hit the deck for it to miss me. It landed on a tree limb about 10 feet away from me and just started screeching at me. I looked it over almost eye to eye for about 10 minutes and then I took off again. That owl followed me for 2 miles all the way home, flying over my head and then landing on a limb nearby and squacking at me.

I have an uncle who's a bird nut and I asked him about it later, he said the owl most likely had some fledglings on the ground nearby. I have to admit it scared the hell out of me at 4:30 in the morning but it was cool to see it coming in from that perspective.

I had a barred owl perched in a tree in the backyard(woods behind house). My wife, since moving to the country, has really gotten into birds. We have hung several feeders and she has dl'ed some electronic calls to her iPad and was calling owls up the other night. We were setting out on the deck and she was trying to get them closer. I warned her to be careful what she wished for because she might see our mini dachshund going for the ride of his life. She got really mad. Owls are amazing creatures.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone