West TN .380 hollow points.

Does anyone know where you can pick up .380 jhp self defense ammo in the Jackson area at a reasonable price. My wife has a Bersa .380 that she loves and realized around the house she only has fmj target loads and I keep jhp in all of my weapons for defense. She is familiar with both of my carry weapons so it is not a big issue, but it will make her happy. I Really don't want to pay $1.00 a round for her peace of mind.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

defense ammo is an equalizer. 380, 9mm, whatever else, its all right at the same buck a round. Thankfully 1 box of 20 is usually plenty for a few years, test half, load the other half. Need more for a high cap gun, but still, its hopefully a once in a while purchase.

consider solid points in the 380 before you buy. I personally alternate JHP and FMJ in mine. It just lacks the force to drive a .40 cal or bigger diameter expanded slug all the way thru in far too many instances.

not sure where you can shop for it, but its a very common round, I would think ANY gun store would have some. Personally, I would get buffalo bore, I have been impressed with their offerings so far and am slowly switching to them for my preferred carry ammo in most calibers.

I saw some Sabre gold dot the other day for $30 for 20 and will probably pick that up. You are right. I have been carrying the same jhp for 2yrs. I have shot 1 mag of each through each weapon and that is it.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Check out sgammo.com...they usually carry Winchester Ranger SXTs for .380. Run great thru several different guns we've tried. Plus, most of the time, they are considerably less expensive per round than most other HPs ($30/box of 50)

http://sgammo.com/product/winchester/50rd-380-auto-acp-winchester-ranger-t-series-hollow-point-ra380t

Edited by GKar
Ill trade ya some 380 for the right player. LOL ( Football)

Hmmmm. No one on my team showed up last week much less played.

Last time I was in Direct hit all they had was one box of Hornaday >$1 a round.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone