AR build

KaNuckles

I am working on an ar build. First I would like to say thanks to everyone that has answered my questions and helped me out. I'm sure I will have more before this build is over with. You guys have been great. That said...What would you say to a rifle built to these specs?

Purchased:

Roggio Arsenal lower

Aero Precision upper

Palmetto State Armory barrel 1:7 twist chrome bore & chamber 16" midlength

Palmetto State upper build kis (delta ring, barrel nut, dust cover, forward aassist)

Palmetto State lower build kit

Magoul MIAD pisrol grip (included in lower build kit)

Magpul MOE stock

Magpul MOE handguard

BCM Gunfighter charging handle

A2 flash hider

Yanke Hill Machine EZ Pull take down pins

KNS Precision Gen 2 non-rotating trigger/hammer pins

Tapco IntrafuseMil-Spec buffer tube kit includes: buffer tube, carbine buffer, spring, castle nut and end plate w/ sling attachment

Yet to purchase:

Rear sight - probably carry handle

CMMG clamp on A2 front sight

Bolt carrier group....full auto... BCM, WMD, Daniel Defense,Noveske, or LMT

As far as the TAPCO stuff goes, I will probably buy an H-buffer anyway since the one I have is a carbine. Other than that I'M EXCITED AS HECK!!! Almost have everything and can get started building!

Could someone suggest a carry handle? FSB will be F height.

Edited by KaNuckles

Yankee Hill Machine EZ Pull take down pins

KNS Precision Gen 2 non-rotating trigger/hammer pins

These parts aren't necessary from a function standpoint. If your trigger and hammer pins are working their way out, then something is wrong. I have never had any issue with take down pins, but if you like the way those look, go for it. Again, just from a function standpoint it isn't needed.

Don't forget your gas tube, which I didn't see on your list.

Edited by nysos

Do you already have the tools to actually build it? Vice, armorer's wrench, punches, receiver vice block, torque wrench? If not you'll want to add those as well. Never heard of Roggio Aresenal or Aero Precision so i can't speculate on their products. The last time I went to build one it was going to end up being like maybe $60 more to just buy a fully assembled upper and fully assembled lower versus buying it all seperately and doing the assembly myself. I opted to let the builder do it for that price point.

• Like 1

Do you already have the tools to actually build it? Vice, armorer's wrench, punches, receiver vice block, torque wrench? If not you'll want to add those as well. Never heard of Roggio Aresenal or Aero Precision so i can't speculate on their products. The last time I went to build one it was going to end up being like maybe $60 more to just buy a fully assembled upper and fully assembled lower versus buying it all seperately and doing the assembly myself. I opted to let the builder do it for that price point.

^^ not to mention you will get a warranty with most places if you let them build it with their parts.

Thanks for the replies. Now that I'm into it I realize I probably spent a few dollars I didn't have to. I know I will probably never shoot enough for the trigger and hammer pins to rotate enough to waller out the holes. To be honest, when I finally decided to go for it and the build became reality I got a little caught up in "the buzz." The Yankee Hill take down pins I wanted just for a little ease of service.

I was looking to get a vice for my shed anyway so I don't really consider that an extra expense. I already have a torque wrench. I bought a cheap set of roll pin punches an armorer's wrench, and some decent vice bocks. And if this works out I will be looking to possibly build an upper for long range/accuracy so I can go prairie shootin with my friend who asks me to go every year and I'll have the tools.

It will cost me a little more this way. But I am a hands on guy and it just wouldn't be the same to buy one. I just enjoy doing and tinkering with my hands and I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing things myself. As for the receivers. I read up on Aero Precision and they have a great reputation. I could not find anything bad about them. But the Roggio...I had already bought it. The receiver extension threads were not cut deep enough. Luckily my father in law is a machinist and mad me a tap so that was fairly easily fixed. Luckily again it was tapped straight. I think it's good now but we will see if my lpk ever gets here.

Thanks guys and if there's anything else you see I should be concerned with please let me know. I will take all the info I can get.

Roggio...I had already bought it. The receiver extension threads were not cut deep enough. Luckily my father in law is a machinist and mad me a tap so that was fairly easily fixed. Luckily again it was tapped straight.
<br /><br />I was going to comment about Roggio when you first posted but it was in your already purchased list. They are hit and miss but mostly poor workmanship - bad finish, miscut mag wells and canted receiver extension threads are only a few of the common issues. <br /><br />So check it out good, their CS wasn't to bad from all reports but what I saw was local in Fayetteville. They were offloading them for $75 a piece at Jims as is back in 09. <br /><br />I picked up one myself and it had finish issues - pushing on the MIAD grip alone took off all the finish. <br /><br />Hopefully yours other than the cuts is good. Edited by Slpeod

<br /><br />I was going to comment about Roggio when you first posted but it was in your already purchased list. They are hit and miss but mostly poor workmanship - bad finish, miscut mag wells and canted receiver extension threads are only a few of the common issues. <br /><br />So check it out good, their CS wasn't to bad from all reports but what I saw was local in Fayetteville. They were offloading them for $75 a piece at Jims as is back in 09. <br /><br />I picked up one myself and it had finish issues - pushing on the MIAD grip alone took off all the finish. <br /><br />Hopefully yours other than the cuts is good.

Man I hope so. I think the finish is pretty good. P-mags fit the mag well perfectly and fall right out when I let go. That's a good sign. But we'll see when the lpk gets here.