Blind Horse Knives Woodsman Pro

I've had this blade for a few months now and I've had the chance to put it through some hard work. I've been really impressed with this knife from BHK. It carries a pretty hefty price tag by my standards ($150), but it has been a real workhorse. It's made of O1 tool steel and seems to have excellent edge retention. It does require regular upkeep to prevent rust. Mine has formed a nice patina on the blade through some use. No problems with rust since I keep it dry and coated with some light lube when not in use.

Here's a stock photo from BHK:
[img]http://www.blindhorseknives.com/IMG_9461.jpg[/img]

Here's mine (fresh from a sharpening, cleaning and oiling):

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qpMq4MtcF3U/UJcCIwMx8gI/AAAAAAAACQM/jco2pPxIeAs/s800/20121104_190044-1.jpg[/img]
  • Like 1
Awsome knife. How do you like the "Dangler Sheath" and "Saber Grind"? BHK's are making high quality knives for a reasonable price IMHO. Their "Dangler Sheath" is heads above others. I have been in contact with BHK's several times about an EDC knife legal limit for TN and they for sure want your business. Good people.
The handle is micarta. Pretty grippy but it also holds on to oil. That's one downside to the knife that I've found. You have to keep the handle cleaned up or the voids in the Micarta fill in and become slick.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.