what do you do?

Guest salb3039

I'm a computer programmer. I do database work usually, but also some data warehouse stuff.

As for the original poster referring to people buying lots of guns, well I can say in the last 6 months I have purchased 3 firearms (Shotgun - Mossberg 590-A1, Springfield XD9, and DPMS AR-15). I've paid cash for all of them, and my wife and I are currently working our way out of debt (paid off about 3k so far this year).

I work a part-time job (at a local range doing sales and range cleanup), I also have a hobby of selling hand crafted woodturning items (Pens/Pencils, etc.) We are also on a budget :D and that helps us TELL our money what to do, not just try and figure out where the money went.

I could never guess who you listen to on the radio... :D

Congrats!

Less debt + Budget = More liquid funds to buy guns with! :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never guess who you listen to on the radio... :D

Congrats!

Less debt + Budget = More liquid funds to buy guns with! :D

D.R. :D Yeah, a buddy of mine turned me on to him a couple of years ago. It's only been recently that my wife and I have been able to buckle down and start really knockin' out the debt. It is a nice feeling when a debt is gone from your life for good, never to return.

...debt is gone from your life for good, never to return.

Emphasis mine... That's the important part! :D

I've still got to get my new wife's car paid off (wife is new, not the car :D )... And then the house, but I'm certainly with 'ya!

Guest LiLBucket

Man, all this talk of getting old and what not, it's wearing me out!!

I'm gonna chime in late here. I'm a mechanical/electrical engineer for a power distribution equipment company. We provide padmount switchgear for industrial, commercial, and residential high voltage applications. I also work on underground mining, nema type power dist. enclosures. It's good work, decent pay, but it's not quite where I want to be. I'll get there eventually!!!

I also work extremely part time as a magician. I've worked in the magic shop in Dollywood going on 7 years now. Every now and then they talk me into coming in and helping or filling in. I was there this past weekend for grand opening or whatever. Fun times at that job!!

Hey, my aunt bought me a magic set when I was about five years old. I used to do stuff for the kids in elementary school. Bought a few professional grade tricks over the years (nothing recent). These days if I do anything, it's card magic. There is always a deck of cards around. Don't have much time for that though.

Guest LiLBucket

LOL, I started with a magic set from a relative as well! I've usually got a deck of cards close by or some sponge balls!

I used to be big into it, but after working at the magic shop for 7 years I don't do it as much in my personal time as I used to. I kinda met my fiance doing tricks at a friends party. Every now and then I'll surprise people that have known me for a bit that didn't know I did magic.

It's a great hobby that'll always be with me and comes in real handy at times!! (job interviews and parties especially!)

Add me to the list of Geeks with Guns. I am a network admin/database engineer that has been working on computers for about 10 years now. Still working on the certs to go with it, but one day.

I also am working on getting out of debt so I can have more money to pay for kids educations and guns.

Guest LiLBucket

Nice mol! I've been trying to perfect that routine lately, but I keep gettin bills heckling me!!

Practice makes perfect though!!!

Guest nitrous_mike

I am an Industrial Electrician/Mechanic maintenance person for a local printing/packing company. We make paper board containers and some blister packs. We start with the 3-5K lb rolls of paper and have finished products even have an in house art department and die makers its kinda neat to watch it all happen. I am also a certified outboard mechanic that I still do a lot of side work to keep gas in my vehicles. I also do flooring and acoustical ceilings on the side.

Every time I pay one bill off, 2 to 3 pop up :( See my thread about my Jeep's electrical

I know the feeling. The only way I got out of the "emergency" living was to get a small emergency fund ($1k for now) and to "plan" that vehicles will need maintenance so I have money set aside for such things.

Now, keeping in mind if something MAJOR happens in life, I'm hoping I have insurance for that and my highest deductible is $1k, so hopefully (knock on wood) I'm covered.

Yeah, my recent AR purchase was delayed for a couple of weeks due to the fact that my garage door spring broke and I had to get the whole danged assembly replaced ;) but we had the cash so it was just paid for :mad:

Ryan

Guest db99wj
Have ya tried Cherry Coke Zero? mmm mmmm

Nope. I drank that Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke, but it go old, went back to the Zero. Cherry Zero, will have to try that.;)

<-- Electrical Engineer by education, but I haven't put that diploma to use since the day I got it. ;)

Don't be modest...you know you're the leader of the free world. :mad:

As for me, my current position is a "Field Service Manager" for a security company. We are an OEM for an automated security barrier that is used in Military/Government applications as well as commercial (Chemical plants, airports, etc) http://www.usrgrab.com

My team is responsible for the startup of the equipment after installation, support during installation, and service calls after installation. We also work with the designers to make changes tot he product as necessary.

My background is US Navy Electronics Technician and 10+ years as a field service engineer/technician

I do quality control work for a large road construction company testing asphalt products both in production and on the roadway. I test aggregates at 5 of our rock quarries and sand plants as well. Keeps me busy.

Nope. I drank that Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke, but it go old, went back to the Zero. Cherry Zero, will have to try that.;)

Im a Cherry coke person, but Ill drink the Zero everyonce and awhile. its good stuff. Tastes better when its free ,too.

Kinda like Tungsten. I can't say I never used my engineering degree, but didn't work for a company as an engineer. At one time I did do a lot of work with the nuke power industry on system components, but that was 20 years ago.

Have a couple of other degrees too that I don't use.