So let me get this right......

Guest Gen. Patton

Guest Gen. Patton
[quote name='OhShoot' timestamp='1352512606' post='842842']
No one else has mentioned, but don't get all carried away with the 2A hayride here. The fact that you can carry open or concealed here is a privilege granted by the TN Legislature. One you pay for. That privilege is already a 2A infringement.

I'll also posit that it's more likely that open carry will be banned as an option in TN than that unlicensed open carry will be enacted.

- OS
[/quote]

Correct on all points there, sir.
[quote name='Gen. Patton' timestamp='1352646155' post='843710']
@DaveS- I was open carrying but only because I was wearing a suit and my jacket was off and I had not yet bought an inside tuckable IWB holster.

@TrickyNicky-I don't discriminate on locality of birth; There good and bad people both in the South and up North. The only reason that I even mentioned the "Northern" thing is because as the guy and his family rode away I noticed that his licence plate was from Illinois and coincidently, if my memory serves me correctly, is the only state in the union with absolutely no provision for CCW. As for the "two words" thing I wasn't saying that 2 more words would have unleashed my inner Tazmanian Devil or anything lol! When I said it was going to "another level" it meant that verbal jujitsu wasn't working and it was time let him know that if he continued to behave in a way that made me and my daughter feel harrassed and uncomfortable that he would be dealt with and whatever happned after that would just happen. I was going to give him the option of leaving, again, or me and my daughter were going to leave and he wasn't going to like what I did on the way out the door. I like giving people options so that if I do end up doing something to them I can do so with a clear conscience. I would hate to have to subject my daughter to that kind of experience but I didn't exactly put us in that position, the blow-hard with a problem with guns did.
[/quote]

Now that's reads as much more sensible IMO. As much as I am a supporter of the 2ndAmmendment IMO it goes hand and hand with and is primarily designed to protect all the others including the 1st. If I was that bothered by the guy I would have just left before an unpleasant incident arised. Is it fair? No. Then again what's that saying about life being fair that I and many others grew up hearing, something about it being not fair I think?

Any way a good strategie to try is completely dropping the conversation and ignoring the troll who thrives off the conflict. People tend to start feeling mighty small and foolish when they realize they are arguing with a person who won't even acknowledge their presence.

If I'm outside having a smoke and someone walks by and gives me the cough cough glare routine they get a friendly smile and then prompt obvious dismissal of attention seems to work.

Guest Cogent Design
I've never been made and I carry at church everyday. It's my opinion that 200 people sitting in one room for an hour possibly getting antsy about the teaching could be a recipe for disaster. It only takes a second for someone to go nuts on a crowd and it's doubtful that someone would pick up on some warning signs with their attention facing front.

It's only weird when people who don't know I CC hug me. I usually try to twist in a way that keeps their hand away from my waist, which makes it awkward. lol
Shoot, I would love to see somebody try something in my church. The only question would be who would have the fastest draw...
I carry every Sunday. Even slipped an AR into my (locked) guitar case back on Sept 11 this year. Sounds silly, I know, but it's a crazy world we live in.