Has the photo size maximum been lowered?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

[quote name='221 Fireball' timestamp='1354548960' post='854231']
I see its at 49K. I've cut my photos down to 4x6 at 72 res but that still only reduces them to 55K and I can't post them. I have posted before from this same camera for the past six months but now it doesn't take them. Any ideas?
[/quote]

Do you mean linked photos? They are sized down for view in the discussion thread but you click on them they show as real size.

Also, just perused Trading Post, where images can be actually uploaded to TGO, and see the same thing, see images over 100k, looking at one that's 1195 x 1600 pixels.

[i]Ah, just thought, perhaps you are trying to upload photos to regular discussion threads? If so, that can't be done period, must be linked.[/i]

Btw,

[quick imaging factoid]

"inches at x ppi" only has meaning to printers, monitors understand pixel dimensions only, so a "5x7" at 72 res" is 360x504 pixels and monitors only understand pixels. The physical size of the image on screen is determined by the pixel resolution any given monitor is running and the physical size of that monitor. So given same size monitor and same image, the higher the monitor rez the smaller the image on screen, the lower the monitor rez the larger the image is on screen.

[/quick imaging factoid]

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
Too much science OS for this non computer guy...but yes, I was wanting to post a photo on classifieds. It let me post them a couple weeks back...same camera, same card, but now some photos off the same camera card are not loading, saying file too big. I've messed with it and still can't figure out how to get them 'small enough' to load them onto the TGO classifieds.
[quote name='221 Fireball' timestamp='1354571560' post='854408']
Too much science OS for this non computer guy...but yes, I was wanting to post a photo on classifieds. It let me post them a couple weeks back...same camera, same card, but now some photos off the same camera card are not loading, saying file too big. I've messed with it and still can't figure out how to get them 'small enough' to load them onto the TGO classifieds.
[/quote]

WHAT is telling you they are too big? The TGO Trading Post interface?

I've never uploaded pix to the Trading Post (probably would just link them instead anyway) so I don't know what the actual size limit is, if there is one, but it sure ain't 360 x 504 pixels, which is what your images purport to be. Sure there isn't some user error going on there about actual size of your images? They are really less than 1k in size? (and btw, an image that small would be pretty ineffective on the 1200-1600 and higher monitors folks are using these days).

As I said, there are quite large images in the trading post ads actually uploaded onto TGO, not just linked. Just glancing there, here is ad that uses 1,195px × 1,600px images, well over 100k JPEG.

[url="http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/55651-smith-and-wesson-model-19-3-4/"]http://www.tngunowne...n-model-19-3-4/[/url]

Here is one of the images from the ad all by itself:

[url="http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=3464"]http://www.tngunowne...&attach_id=3464[/url]

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name='Daniel' timestamp='1354573506' post='854426']
This may solve your problem. You have a max cumulative allotment. I am guessing you need to remove old photos to make space.
[/quote]

Aha and eureka, bet that's it, good catch.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name='221 Fireball' timestamp='1354593830' post='854655']
Ah ha...now how do you do that? Here's what I keep getting...actually pasted from the page... [size=2][color=#777777]You can upload up to [b]49.79K[/b] of files (Max. single file size: [b]49.79K[/b])[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Says that because you need to delete some pix, Daniel was right.

I know because mine says "You can upload up to [b]4.97MB[/b] of files (Max. single file size: [b]2MB[/b])". So it obviously keeps a running total.

Since I've never posted an ad since the software changed, don't know how to tell you to delete them, but until you figure it out, you can simply link pix to your ISP storage, or PhotoBucket, whatever, just like in the rest of the forum.

[s](Maybe you have to just go and edit each ad and delete pix, but I'll bet there's a dialogue somewhere that shows all your uploaded files? - Hopefully someone will pop in and comment)[/s]

edit: found it, It's under My Settings/Manage Attachments in your account profile.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot
That was is it. I just start going back to old posts and deleting one at a time...takes awhile, but that's ok. I can't delete old posts that have been locked though. But I think I can get enough of the older stuff deleted to post some new photos.

Thanks OS and Daniel!
[quote name='221 Fireball' timestamp='1354594799' post='854662']
That was is it. I just start going back to old posts and deleting one at a time...takes awhile, but that's ok. I can't delete old posts that have been locked though. But I think I can get enough of the older stuff deleted to post some new photos.

Thanks OS and Daniel!
[/quote]

I found the easy way. It's under My Settings/Manage Attachments in your account profile, sent you PM in case you see that first.

If I ever sold anything, I'd have known that, sorry.

- OS Edited by Oh Shoot