xd 45acp problems

Guest Glockman

Guest Glockman

just sold my g 21 & bought this xd 45acp 4" shot 200 rounds thru it w/ 8 mis feeds. meaning had to release slide for it to go into battery

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glockman

i thought it odd also i've read all the hype also like everyone else has! i've owned at least 12 glocks in the past never a problem w/any of them so i'm a little bumbed seeing as how i sold a perfect g21 to get this!

• Administrator

You're probably hitting the slide release with your thumb while you're shooting. I'd be willing to bet you a Coke on it. :surrender: I did this several times before I realized what was going on and adjusted my grip to compensate. The XD's slide release is not optimally positioned in my opinion.

Guest Glockman

well tungsten, thats what i thiught and the guys at the range thought so 1 shot w/ thumbs held down in weird postion just to see! also found where a 40 cal had those problems & it was slide release was hitting comming out of mags/

Guest Ghostrider

I'm at about 200 - 250 rounds through my XD 45 with zero FTF, FTE, or any problem other than the operators failure to hit the target correctly. :surrender:

I have no idea what the underlying issue might be, but mine is functioning exactly as advertised.

EDIT: Are you shooting reliable, fresh ammo? Most of the issues I've heard of from these come from reloads of cheap/crappy ammo.

Guest Glockman

i've tryed the other mag that came with it /also shot remmington grn box /the first 50 were cci brass blazers/ the 2nd 50 were ultrmax. i'm thinking about get the range to loan me two others mags for test run! if theres a lemon in the bunch i'll pick it even off a apple tree

Guest db99wj

2 problems I have heard about with XD's are what was mentioned above (thumb on slide lock and bad ammo) and one more but probably not the problem. If you limp wrist at all it can cause problems like that.

Guest Glockman

well i filed a little off the slide release inside where it may have been premature locking i/m going to try and shoot it tomorow & if it does it again instead just pulling back the slide look & see if the slide release in been activated? by the way thanks for all your input guys

well i filed a little off the slide release inside where it may have been premature locking i/m going to try and shoot it tomorow & if it does it again instead just pulling back the slide look & see if the slide release in been activated? by the way thanks for all your input guys

don't get crazy with the file yet! lifetime warranty. IF it is a lemon ie. problem with the slide lock, then send it back or get the shop to trade you a new one.

Guest pelican

I also have a .45 XD , the 5 inch model. I have about 1200 rounds through it so far with only problems with LSWC reloads. Just would not feed reliably.

Other than that, great service. FYI, the XD's do seem to be a little more sensitive to limp wristing that say a 1911 in the same caliber. At the end of a long session with the 45, I get a little tired and not paying attention to my grip and start to lose my POI vs intended POA.

When I first got my XD9 service, I did get a few FTE's that were immediately fixed by adjusting my grip.

My .02 cents.

Robert

• Administrator
]

Other than that, great service. FYI, the XD's do seem to be a little more sensitive to limp wristing that say a 1911 in the same caliber. At the end of a long session with the 45, I get a little tired and not paying attention to my grip and start to lose my POI vs intended POA.

I'm glad someone else experienced that too. I thought maybe it was just me! But I did love that XD45C... just didn't love the expense of feeding it +200rds of ammo every week practicing with it.

It's cheaper for me to practice with .40SW, and I like to practice at least once every two weeks with my carry gun to build up muscle memory. :)