Most unusual gun you've seen used to qualify with for CCW.

seez52

My CCW was many years ago but I remember that I pretty much shot out the X ring, and heard the wow's whispered from behind...but I felt really advantaged over the others, I was using my S&W Mod.16 .32 magnum 6" with 98gr. cast target loads. Most accurate handgun I ever owned and then like a dumba$$, I sold it for twice of what I gave for it. I don't think I've ever had as much seller remorse over any gun as that one, in fact, I'm starting to tear up right now :stunned: 

There was a fella with a long-barrelled stainless Mark II .22 in my class as well. A young mild mannered East Indian ancestry physician, who shot a "one ragged hole" target. I bet he "ruined the curve" in his school classes as well, but using a target pistol is on the verge of "cheating". :)

Nothing wrong with that, we used an MKIII. Cost us $1.98 worth of ammo for my wife and I to qualify, instead of $30

Took my HCP class many years ago. Our instructor said " No magnums, if you got a 44 or 357 go rent a gun. And if anybody brings a loaded gun into class they will fail. " A lady had an H&R 22. When it came time to load she told the instructor "I don't know how to load it."  He didn't either. He asked if anybody knew how to open the cylinder. Since I had one I knew how and told him. It was fully loaded. The lady passed the class anyway. 

I used an ugly as hell ruger .22 pistol It wasn't a Mark II or 3.  It had no Mark.  I think it was every as old as me. Dad once dropped it in a barrel of acid that eat away most of the finish and he tried to refinish himself in the early 80's. 

It wasn't pretty but it shots well. I out shot my small class with it.