S&W 5906

Guest cdsusong

Guest cdsusong

Does anyone have any trigger time with the SW 5906? I was thinking of getting one in the near future. I may use it for IDPA and such if it will work for this format. I found one for $319 with adjustable sights. Any help?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AK4ME

I recently traded a 5906 to a Glock. The one I had was double action only, so the trigger pull was very heavy and long but its a really nice and dependable pistol. If there is anything specific you want to know just ask.

Guest cdsusong

thanks. can you get the trigger lighter on pull? is there a kit for that? does this shoot accurate? I thought with the adjustable sights I could zero it in for my shooting style. Is it similar in size to the Glock 19 and what about weight difference? is the grip smaller in size compared to the Glock? Are there mags a plenty for it available? I have heard both sides on this, that the hammer will not release without a mag in. Is this true or does it have a decocker that will allow it to fall without the mag in? This will be important for the IDPA and any other format. sorry for all the questions, thanks for any input.

I know it sounds like I don't have a clue on this weapon and that is true in part. I have not actually put my hands on one yet. Only seen and got pricing online. I am hoping the heavier weight will help in accuracy on target. And I just think it looks cool!

Guest cdsusong

OK so does anyone know the difference between the SW 5903 and the 5904 besides stainless in the 03? I believe these are SA/DA firearms correct? Help anyone?

Guest abailey362

My first handgun was a 5906 and overall it was a good gun. It is big and heavy but was reliable. I had a few ftf's, but with only 1 brand of factory reloads. Mags were openly available in Huntsville, AL because the place I bought it from traded in a lot of LEO mags and he had boxes and boxes for cheap.

SW 59 and 39 series guns are some of the most under rated autos out there. I have owned several and if it were not for the weight of the SS guns they would always be one of my top choices. I believe that the 59 series makes a great house gun because of the weight. I keep a 4563 Tactical SW in 45acp for carry now, I like it a lot better than the Commander size SA's I was carrying. One of these days I am going to run across a deal on a really nice 3913. Going to jump on that one when I do. I findem now but there not cheap.