Why all the duplicate posts on the classifieds?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My BAD!!!!

I already apologized to the person who commented directly on one of my multiple post. In my reply to him, I said I didn't know where to post the message.  I wasn't trying to cause any trouble. I just wanted this crap to be heard to people who are interested in the second amendment and people who are interested in current legislation.

Are these second amendment issues or legislation issues? Please guide me as to which place is more appropriate for my post on current legislative issues regarding the second amendment. Their appears to be plenty of confusion on this matter. I see much over lapping of content in these two separate topics by others as well.  I feel my confusion is more a symptom of the problem. It alludes to the root issue.

I have a suggestion for the people who make the decisions around here.

Politics and Legislation Discussion and friendly debate about State and National political and legislative issues unrelated to the second amendment.

Adding those last five words may avoid this confusion. I had no intention of trying to make a point with multiple posts.But, since it has been brought up, this is why I didn't know where to post.

Thanks,

Aaron

I already apologized to the person who commented directly on one of my multiple post. In my reply to him, I said I didn't know where to post the message.

No no, OP is talking about dupes one after the other in same forum.

Has been a lot of that, and I've done a couple myself. I think it has more to do with the server lag problem though, sometimes a minute or more before a click takes effect so folks keep hitting post or whatever, and the "post" button is still sitting there. And yet sometimes, the clicks are cached  and all take effect as multiple identical posts.

Although, in your case,  there were already 5 of other people's posts about Alexander's response in the various forums, even before your two. I see a couple have been zapped or combined now. Anyway, it's not good form to post same thing in more than one forum period, as it divides the attention and any responses.

Of course, I ain't in authority here, just another user, and sometimes a damn crabby one, no real offense intended. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Administrator

Until we get moved over to the faster web server, you guys have GOT to be more patient and not resubmit your posts over and over because you don't think the forum accepted it the first time.  I've cleaned up a bunch of that stuff over the past few days and it's getting old.

Be patient!  If you aren't sure that the server kept your post, highlight everything in the editor box, copy  it into your computer's clipboard, then go check and see if the post is complete or not.

For what it's worth, the forum software actually keeps a running copy of what you're composing.  If the page bombs, the editor will actually give you a chance to use what it already auto-saved for you.

Just watch as you're typing from now on.  In the lower left corner of the editor window you'll see where it says something like this:

[quote]

[/quote]

That is actually a link and if you click it, it will restore whatever you were typing.

You too can prevent forum fires!  :)

Think there's more to it than that David. Right before supper, I posted the two knives on non-gun classifieds. I hit the post button ONE time, it had the spinning icon that it was thinking about it. I went and had supper. A half hour later when I returned, it had posted....FOUR times. Don't know what else to do, doesn't seem to do it for a single photo.

• Administrator

There's no way for me to say this without sounding rude, but you need to understand that we've been working on this server issue almost 30 hours a week for the past two weeks and that's on top of my regular 45-50hr a week "day job" which routinely has me working 7am - 4pm and any number of hours between the time you likely go to bed and wake back up.  Keeping that in mind, I am absolutely exhausted and know pretty damn well what's causing the problems.

If you think you know something more about why double-posts are happening, I'm ready to hear it because I could use the relief that sudden insight would bring.

"If you think you know something more about why double-posts are happening, I'm ready to hear it because I could use the relief that sudden insight would bring."

Never said I did. Just saying that I did not multipost. I pushed the post button one time. Just thought the info might have helped you prognose the problem. Sure didn't mean to tick you off. Sorry.