New revolver in my future

Guest flyfishtn

Guest flyfishtn

Well, I have I have been contemplating a new pocket pistol for those quick trips to the store or when I just want to lightweight carry option.

Currently I am looking at two Smith & Wesson's, model 360PD and model 637. Both are lightweight frames but the 360PD is chambered in .357 so I have a couple of different options for ammo carry.

Feedback on additional options and owners of either pistols listed above is greatly appreciated. :up:

Edited by flyfishtn
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I give up. What is a model 367?

I think anyone who wants a .357 snub in a lightweight version needs his head examined. It has absolutely no positives and lots of negatives.

The Models 442, 642, 638, and 637 all work very well for their intended purpose and cost much less to boot.

Guest flyfishtn
Okay. I give up. What is a model 367?

A typo. It has been corrected. :)

BTW, thanks for the feedback on the lightweight .357. That is what I was thinking, although I have never shot one, that the kick would just be too much.

OK, that's the lighweight chiefs special with exposed hammer I think.

Wise choice. The bullet is going slightly faster with a 357 snub. THe only question is whether that really makes it more effective. On the negative side you have cost, blast, recoil, and the possibility of your rounds unseating and "prairie-dogging", locking the cylinder.

ANd if you really really like recoil, try the Buffalo Bore 158gr LHP +P rounds. I found they kicked more in my Model 19 than .357 rounds.

Guest flyfishtn

Alright, excellent. Assuming I don't roll out of bed and head straight to the river Thursday morning I am coming over to your shop.

BTW, what are the thoughts on shrouded vs non-shrouded? Should one be able to decock or is it of more benefit to have a snagless draw?

Guest flyfishtn

Thanks for the additional feedback. I do like the idea of the bodyguard, best of both worlds.

Primary carry will be in the pocket but I will buy a holster as well.

Thanks for the additional feedback. I do like the idea of the bodyguard, best of both worlds.

Primary carry will be in the pocket but I will buy a holster as well.

since primary carry will be in the pocket, i would suggest a 642. if SA shooting is important to you, then go with the 638 bodyguard. for self defense i feel that SA shooting is not needed and unimportant, so i went with a 642... reason i feel it unimportant is one doesnt need to have the hammer cocked and that short SA trigger pull in place, especially when adrenaline is pumping and things are happening fast. a good S&W double action trigger pull is plenty light enough in the heat of the moment...