Intro to Competition Shooting - Music City Tactical Shooters

MATCH: Intro to Competition Shooting - Saturday February 2nd, 2013
Round count: 115 pistol rounds minimum
5 Stage match: 1 Limited, 1 Vickers, 1 Steel Challenge, 1 Run n Gun, 1 Outlaw Steel

For those that are having trouble finding ammo, I have secured factory 9mm ammo to sell at the range at cost.  This is not for hoarders but for shooters attending the match.  100 rounds to shoot the match and another 100 rounds so that you will have it for the next match.  I am working on 40 S&W and 45 ACP.  Don't let ammo being limited be the excuse to enjoy a great day of shooting.

• Like 2
Guest Edenlights

I would like to come out and shoot my first match at a event like this. I understand that Officers can shoot with our duty rig, but it seems a google search hits back several conflicting threads on the subject. While I know it would be slow, it looks like great training. Any issues that you run across on a regular basis that I should prep for? Thanks for any responses.

Edited by Edenlights

Think my fiancée could give me a pass on my own wedding to come to this?!?! Sadly probably not so see you guys another time!

Cannot think of a better way to break in a marriage then on the range, it will truly test the relationship.  Think of it as an early honeymoon.

This sounds awesome Mark. I'm talking Tish into getting up E A R L Y so we can both get a better handle on the different scoring/matches. Great idea!

Who is Mark?

Hey HOGNUT,

Maybe JimHouchin has somehow confused us with each other in spite of our different Hair Styles.  :rofl:

Mark   

Heck Hog can more than like marry you at the range, LOL

I somewhat understand this comment.  You drinking that night when you wrote this?

The TEAM MCTS shooting team will be in attendance to help open minded individuals get better. 

MCTS embriodered shooting vests that were ordered will be at the range this weekend also. 

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of new faces at the range this weekend!  6K 9mm rounds of ammo will be available for those having trouble finding it.  Still working on 40S&W/45ACP.

• Like 1
Guest rbrooks65

If you have ever had an interest in exploring the world of competitive shooting, or if you are just looking for an alternative way to practice your shooting skills, the is the match for you.  If you've never attended a match at MCTS, please come join us.  If you've shot with us before, please come back and bring a friend or two along with you.

This will be a great match for first-time shooters -- both male and female.  We will have Team MCTS on hand to help make sure that you have a safe and enjoyable experience.  I can guarantee that if you are open-minded and interested in learning you will leave this match as a better shooter than when you came, and that you will definitely come back for more.

Hope to see you Saturday!

Rick B., Captain of Team MCTS 

I'm trying to get a coworker out to shoot this weekend.

I've got a couple questions. Some of these were touched on at the briefing before last weeks match, but I wanted to confirm.

- Is a holster required or can people start from low ready?

- Is a cover garment required for any stage?

- Do any stages require more than 2 mags?

I'm trying to get a coworker out to shoot this weekend.

I've got a couple questions. Some of these were touched on at the briefing before last weeks match, but I wanted to confirm.

- Is a holster required or can people start from low ready?

- Is a cover garment required for any stage?

- Do any stages require more than 2 mags?

Course of Fire:  http://www.mctsclub.com/Intro_Match.pdf

If they do not have a holster they can start from the low ready.  A pistol bag/shooting bag will be required to put the pistol in immediately after the course of fire is completed.

Will be good to see you on the range Chandler.