New check-in procedures...

This should help.....

January 18, 2013 | 02:24 pm

NASHVILLE --- The Tennessee Fish and Wildlife Commission approved a change in a proclamation in regard to future big game tagging and check-in procedures. The vote came during the January meeting of the TFWC which concluded Friday at the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency Region II Ray Bell Building.

The change calls for all big game animals to be checked in at an approved TWRA checking station, on the TWRA website, or by the TWRA mobile application by the end of calendar day of harvest.

Evidence of the big game animal’s species and sex must be available for inspection by TWRA personnel until the animal is checked in. All big game animals taken to taxidermists or to meat processors must be accompanied by documentation on approved TWRA forms or mobile application.

The TWRA is adding a new mobile application for check-ins which will be ready for the 2013 spring turkey season. TWRA is changing its big game tagging system from utilizing temporary and permanent harvest tags to a harvest log.

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

I was thinking of something else. If your check station is closed on the calendar day of harvest, you have 24 hours to check in game animals when the check station reopens. You cannot hunt again until you check the animal in and get a new temp kill tag. The online check system was suppose to fix this problem, but not everyone has internet or even a PC.But yes generaly they have to be checked in the day of harvest.

Dave S

Shaun I wouldn't bet on it! I look for some licenses to go up this year. I would look for some WMA permits to increase slightly. Just my opinion is all. It's costing way too much money controlling hogs...someone has to pay!

Dave S

Shaun I wouldn't bet on it! I look for some licenses to go up this year. I would look for some WMA permits to increase slightly. Just my opinion is all. It's costing way too much money controlling hogs...someone has to pay!

Dave S

I hope they don't go up. They are expensive as it is. I'm poor dangit lol. I guess someone needs to pay for all those helicopter hog kills the state is doing.

I hope they don't go up. They are expensive as it is. I'm poor dangit lol. I guess someone needs to pay for all those helicopter hog kills the state is doing.

Those hog kills from helicopter cost us $10,000.00 per hour for pilot, bird and shooter. That's one hour from engine start up to engine shut down and anything in between! Very very expensive. And it's not working! The state wouldn't have this problem if they opened hog up day and night, baited year round. Let the hunters take care of them!

Dave S

Edited by DaveS

Those hog kills from helicopter cost us $10,000.00 per hour for pilot, bird and shooter. That's one hour from engine start up to engine shut down and anything in between! Very very expensive. And it's not working! The state wouldn't have this problem if they opened hog up day and night, baited year round. Let the hunters take care of them!

Dave S

holy cow or hog !  i should of been a chopper pilot .

Dave S

You do know that hogs can be baited & hunted day & nite? its easy to get permission now but have to be no more than 10 people on the list & if nite hunting or during deer season they want to know that so the game wardens are not sent out on wild goose chases.

You do know that hogs can be baited & hunted day & nite? its easy to get permission now but have to be no more than 10 people on the list & if nite hunting or during deer season they want to know that so the game wardens are not sent out on wild goose chases.

Yes, on private land. The land owners around here charge money to put you on the list to hunt. They've turned it into a money making venture. Most landowners don't want the hogs gone, as they are the ones who put them there for the purpose of hunting to begin with! WMA's and Federal refuges are a different story and that's where a big part of the problem lies. I on occasion hunt a local WMA during the deer season. More that once I sat in my stand and watched hogs rooting the ground up. Six to eight at a time, and all I could do was sit there and watch them. Then they scurry back off onto private land where the landowner allows no hunting. It's a no win situation. The only way this is going to work, is open hog hunting up statewide, 24/7 and go at it style of hunting! Cut the rules on a non protected pest!!

The current program is not working!

Dave S

Dave, in Alabama, last I remember... It has been a few years... You write it on your license. Landowners without licenses print out a harvest record log. You just write down what you killed. Looks like in TN we will still report kills to TWRA and just write down the kill in place of the current tag system.

Dave, in Alabama, last I remember... It has been a few years... You write it on your license. Landowners without licenses print out a harvest record log. You just write down what you killed. Looks like in TN we will still report kills to TWRA and just write down the kill in place of the current tag system.

I'll have to ask my brother. He still deer hunts there.

Dave S

Dave S

Source?

The helicopter typically costs about $1000/hr plus fuel ($200/hr) to operate including the pilot.  Seems like the local SWAT snipers would appreciate some aerial practice and would be on the payroll anyway.