Maryland Gov. Martin O’Malley presses lawmakers for handgun licenses for residents

Same old stuff. I have not seen one proposal by these anti gunners that seriouly address the root cause of the current gun violence in our country. Their agenda becomes more clear with each new law they try to pass. That is to restrict gun ownership by law abiding citizens. I suppose the goal is to reduce demand until most gun makers go out of business. Taking guns out of the hands of law abiding people will do noting to stop the lawless people who commit these atrosities. Of course these laws that retrict gun ownership will never affect the rich and powerful as they will always be able to get their guns or armed guards. These people don't care anything about those of us who live in the real world they only care about the power they have and how to keep it.

I don't suppose I'll live long enough to see a liberal propose a law that would really curb gun violence but if they did it might contain some of these elements that will work; a) lets enforce the laws we already have ( they'll work if we use them )
b) keep criminals locked up ( people should serve full sentence at hard time )
c) hold Hollywood accountable for the glorification of violence ( it not a game )
d) use the mental health system to identify those who are ill and help they
e) renew a sense of social nobility ( stop paying sports figures millions of dollars and give that
money to teachers,police,firefighters,ect to show young people that these are the things in life
that make a difference and are important.
Why is it I never see any of these ideals in all the new proposals that come down the pike these days??? Edited by glock55

...stop paying sports figures millions of dollars and give that money to teachers,police,firefighters,ect to show young people that these are the things in life that make a difference and are important.

I hope by this statement that you are saying let the free market (the public) solve this. Otherwise, you're saying the government needs to do it. Bad idea. Professional athlete's salaries are ridiculous but they are freely agreed to by two private parties and it's none of my business what price they freely agree on.

BTW, teachers, firefighters, and police are paid with tax money. Most people won't stand for a large increase to pay more for anything.

I hope by this statement that you are saying let the free market (the public) solve this. Otherwise, you're saying the government needs to do it. Bad idea. Professional athlete's salaries are ridiculous but they are freely agreed to by two private parties and it's none of my business what price they freely

The point I was trying to make is we need to get our priorities right. Young people are influenced by money we need to show them what's of real value. I agree that athletes salaries are agreed to by two private parties but I disagree it's none of my business. Most of that money is available because of public monies given to these teams to come to or stay in a given city.
  • Like 1

Liberals are united in their approach to gun control, and it has nothing to do with reducing crime. That governor already

has a bit of control over guns in his state. He just wants all of it. Obama will show up there, soon, to continue his community

organizing. Incrementalism. State by state.

We need to incrementally start removing these bastards and replacing them with Americans.

The problem with that here in Maryland is that the D's out weight the R's. The entitlement crowd keeps voting these jokers back into office so they can get their "FREE" stuff. The 2 counites that border DC and the 1 county that surrounds Baltimore City pretty much controls the state. :down: :down:  They just got done gerrymandering the state again this year again to give themselves an even better advantage.

[quote name="herr.baer" post="906435" timestamp="1360243687"]The problem with that here in Maryland is that the D's out weight the R's. The entitlement crowd keeps voting these jokers back into office so they can get their "FREE" stuff.

The problem is they don't know the FREE stuff can only last so long. I wonder who the D's will blame when that time gets here
  • Like 1
Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="glock55" post="906446" timestamp="1360244242"][quote name="herr.baer" post="906435" timestamp="1360243687"]The problem with that here in Maryland is that the D's out weight the R's. The entitlement crowd keeps voting these jokers back into office so they can get their "FREE" stuff.

The problem is they don't know the FREE stuff can only last so long. I wonder who the D's will blame when that time gets here[/quote]

I'm sure Bush will get the blame.
Guest ThePunisher

We need to incrementally start removing these bastards and replacing them with Americans.

The only problem of incrementally removing these commies is that we don't have enough time left to keep our liberties and freedoms.

Matt Bracken had some good advice - don't be a minority.  If you're the only conservative in a neighborhood or city of liberals, get out!  Otherwise, you'll be killed and eaten first.

I am working on that with an escape plan to Tenn. Soon as I can get my house built I am Tenn bound. I already have my land. :up: :up: