Academy Sports Cool Springs

Academy Sports in Cool Springs had over 1k of Tul 762 x 39 at $6/20 at the service desk this afternoon. Also Independence 556/223 at $10/20, 308 and several other flavors as well, 45-40-380. I didn't pick any up but there wasn't a line formed either. No 22 to be found...

Funny, little gal behind the service desk, I asked her if they had any Rem 223, she said no, I asked her what was in a stack of boxes behind her.... She said just a lot of something called 556...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As of 5:00 today Dunhams Sports in Columbia has Wolf 7.62x39 for 7.99 abox and .223 for 9.99 a box. Also had something in a mystery wrapper for $7.99 Im guessing steel cased.223 but it only had a price no label.

Had 2 boxes of .223 Remington 200 count for $149 and 2 Ultramax 62 grn 250 count for $129. I picked up 1 Ultramax 250 count. Mostly LC brass but look good.

No 22LR either

I guess the shelves stay stocked now since they have a 4 box limit or 1 bulk pack limit.

Edited by Dad03
Guest Fruit jar

Poor_dog, I hate to change the subject, but the last line reminded me of something that happened.

For a quick dinner on the way home, I stopped at a KFC. 12 strip dinner for so much. I told the girl I wanted 2 dozen. She looked over the key pad twice. Said just a minute and went to the office. I guess it was the manager that came back with her, looked over the keypad. Sir, we don't sell them by the dozen. Ok, I'll take 2 12 packs instead. By the time I walked to the truck I couldn't see and had to stop twice to clear my eyes.

Now that is funny... Reminds me of a restaurant the wife and I went to. Wouldn't sell her chicken dinner with all white meat. When the manager came out to explain he said it was because everybody asked for white and they couldn't sell the dark, so... They had discontinued the sale of white meat and only served dark meat.... A new meaning to 'Here's your sign'

My lady went this afternoon and their was no 5.56 or steel cased 7.62x39. On the others hand,
I am currently on business in Springfield, Missouri. I walked out with one box of 5.56 Independence at $9.99 and Monarch Steel Cased 7.62x39 at $5.99 per 20. Suffice it to say, I will make another round in the morning before my meeting.

I wish Academy let you get more than 1 box per Cal. It bummed me out a couple of weeks ago when I got there and they had everything but 22lr. I left with a box of 223 for a friend and a box of 762x39 for me.  I really wished I could have gotten 3 box of whatever I wanted. I guess that is why they even had it when I got there.

Poor_dog, I hate to change the subject, but the last line reminded me of something that happened.

For a quick dinner on the way home, I stopped at a KFC. 12 strip dinner for so much. I told the girl I wanted 2 dozen. She looked over the key pad twice. Said just a minute and went to the office. I guess it was the manager that came back with her, looked over the keypad. Sir, we don't sell them by the dozen. Ok, I'll take 2 12 packs instead. By the time I walked to the truck I couldn't see and had to stop twice to clear my eyes.

sorry for the tangent but I need to jump in here too.

I was at the dollar store and my bill was something like $2.23 cents. 

I gave the girl $2 in bills and a 50 cent coin (you know, the one with JFK on it).  She looked at it for a few minutes and then proceeded to give me (2) twenty dollar bills and change... I was like... ?!?!

She must have never seen a 50 cent piece before (how, i don't know).  anyway, I corrected her.  I think she was still confused when I left but i couldn't cheat her.

thanks for the tip.  I decided to get in ARs a little bit late.  yep. I shot one in January after Sandy Hook and said, "Dangit, no wonder people like this.  You can hit stuff at 400 yards!" 

It's a bad time to get into the black rifle and it's (now hard to find/expensive) ammo.