Letter to Bradley Square Mall

Guest crytes

the disclamer at the end make it all even more ignorent. Even with a lax veiw they are forbidding 2 civil rights out of hand with more posible if you look deep. THey don't want to deprive people of their rights? Ya right! I say they are an enimy of the constitution and as such more dangerous to freedom than any terrorist.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the statement asks that you refrain from the following:

# 20 : Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law officers in the performance of their duties.

So I am pretty sure their intent is for you to not carry a gun, but I read this as it woudlbe prefectly exceptable to carry a gun as long as it is the kind used by LEO while they are on duty.

So get a Glock and carry away!

Guest GLOCKGUY

# 20 : Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind except those carried by certified law officers in the performance of their duties.

So I am pretty sure their intent is for you to not carry a gun, but I read this as it woudlbe prefectly exceptable to carry a gun as long as it is the kind used by LEO while they are on duty.

hey Mike.357 you might be on to something

Guest Ranger Rick

:cool: We have a winner!! :stare::clap::clap:

Words do have meaning.

Ask any lawyer. ;)

I starting to hope they don't take down the signs, my wife has agreed to boycott the mall as well which could save me a small fortune. If this works out like I hope I will soon be able to purchase another gun, more reloading supplies etc. Guys maybe we are working the wrong side of this thing! :cool:

Guest GLOCKGUY
I starting to hope they don't take down the signs, my wife has agreed to boycott the mall as well which could save me a small fortune. If this works out like I hope I will soon be able to purchase another gun, more reloading supplies etc. Guys maybe we are working the wrong side of this thing! :stare:

not my wife she said she would drop me off at wal-mart while she does her shopping there :cool:

Guest DylisTN

If they don't, does this sign have any legal standing?

If they don't, does this sign have any legal standing?

The sign as written is not legal. If you are stopped by their security, all that they can do is to ask you leave. Once they do that then you must leave or you will then be trespassing.

I believe that I am correct but I am sure that if not someone here will be able to correct me.

I have been trying to figure out why I need to go to a mall. I honestly can't come upwith a good reason to go.

Most anything I need I can get away from a mall, and there is always buying mail order off the internet.

You know...something else that helps this arguement is by law they can't prevent off duty LEO's from carry there. 39-17-1350

So apparently they just want them/us to carry on duty type weapons...

I have been trying to figure out why I need to go to a mall. I honestly can't come upwith a good reason to go.

Most anything I need I can get away from a mall, and there is always buying mail order off the internet.

I'm with you on going to a mall. No good reason for it. The closest mall to me is Hickory Hollow in Antioch. It's one of the best places in town to have your car stolen. Plus it has incorrect signs restricting guns. Not worth challenging.

I would much rather shop the internet. Uses less gas too.

What this means to me - at least as it is written - is that as long as the weapon you are carrying is the type certified law officers use in the performance of their duties you will be okay.

Basically a Glock, Sig, S&W semi-auto would be fine but since most LE Agencies have stopped issuing revolvers you couldn't carry one of those - take that Rabbi!

Guest DylisTN
What this means to me - at least as it is written - is that as long as the weapon you are carrying is the type certified law officers use in the performance of their duties you will be okay.

Basically a Glock, Sig, S&W semi-auto would be fine but since most LE Agencies have stopped issuing revolvers you couldn't carry one of those - take that Rabbi!

But somewhere on the planet, some LE carries a revolver! And Colts, and Makarovs, and many places allow LE to provide their own.

Guest GLOCKGUY
But somewhere on the planet, some LE carries a revolver! And Colts, and Makarovs, and many places allow LE to provide their own.

ya maybe in Mayberry. but i think Barney Five is retired :koolaid:

Guest 270win

J frames are pretty popular with police for backup/off duty weapons. NYPD has the j frame as one of their approved off duty handguns, along with mini glock 9mm's, and kahr 9mm's. The Speer Gold Dot 135 38 Special was developed for snubs and is issued by NYPD. They've had good results as with any speer product.

Guest mikedwood

Good call! Now that you pointed it out I have re-read #20 several times and can come up with no other meaning. It's totally cut and dried. So if I ever do go there I will take my G-19.

Only I don't think I will ever go to this mall, it sounds more authoritarian than grade school. Do they allow you to talk while eating at the food court?

Only I don't think I will ever go to this mall, it sounds more authoritarian than grade school. Do they allow you to talk while eating at the food court?

...and raise your hand with one or two fingers when you need to go to the bathroom, boys and girls. :D

I went to the Cool Springs Galleria over the weekend, and the entrance I went into and exited from is legal. It not only has the 39-17-1359 language, it is also duplicated in Spanish!!! Sorry, I didn't snap any photos.

Guest GLOCKGUY
I went to the Cool Springs Galleria over the weekend, and the entrance I went into and exited from is legal. It not only has the 39-17-1359 language, it is also duplicated in Spanish!!! Sorry, I didn't snap any photos.

but was every door posted?

but was every door posted?

Not sure, as I did not go to every door to check. Maybe next time I go there when I have a little more time, I will check ALL the entrances. B)

Edit: After stopping by for a quick check, there is more than one entrance of Anchor Stores leading into the mall that are not posted correctly (in fact, at all.) So as Kansas so appropriately put it, carry on my wayward son!

Edited by jmac
Visit