Curio and Relic FFL

Guest Verbal Kint

Grrr, friggen USPS...

UPS truly sucks at life. I do not use them, unless I absolutely have to (i.e. the receiver will only accept that method). Otherwise I go with USPS Priority or FedEx, with receipt confirmation. Both are way more reliable.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, that sucks. I sent mine priority mail w/ delivery confirmation. ATF charged my credit card 4 days after I mailed it.

Yah, I was lazy as we had stamps here at the house.

Next time I'll send it FedEx.

I was ready to give up and send for another app. and I got busy last week trying to get ready for a long weekend in Bristol and forgot about calling. Well I checked yesterday and they have finally charged my account. Better late than never. So now I guess that I am back on track to getting my C&R FFL.

I was ready to give up and send for another app. and I got busy last week trying to get ready for a long weekend in Bristol and forgot about calling. Well I checked yesterday and they have finally charged my account. Better late than never. So now I guess that I am back on track to getting my C&R FFL.

Hrmm, interesting... I'll keep checking my account while await my new applications...

Thanks for the update.

OK, I had a chance to go through this monster of a package from the BATFE.

Contents:

ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms

2006-27th Edition (468 pages)

ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide

2005 (243 pages)

Firearms Curios or Relics List

2007 (54 pages)

ATF Safety and Security Information for Federal Firearms Lecensees

2004 (about 30 pages)

There were also a few other papers in there. Looks like I have lots of reading to do.

**Question for those who may know.

In one of the books that came in the mail, it states "The theft of firearms from a federally licensed firearms dealer is a violation of federal law, investigated by the BATFE and is punishable by imprisonment for up to 10 years and a fine of $250,000".

Does this mean the punishment for stealing a firearm from me will be more sever than before I obtained my C&R FFL?

In one of the books that came in the mail, it states "The theft of firearms from a federally licensed firearms dealer is a violation of federal law, investigated by the BATFE and is punishable by imprisonment for up to 10 years and a fine of $250,000".

Does this mean the punishment for stealing a firearm from me will be more sever than before I obtained my C&R FFL?

I don’t know for sure, but because you are not a dealer I doubt it.

Does <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:State>Tennessee</st1:State> have any special statute for theft of a firearm? It’s a felony in <st1:State>Illinois</st1:State> (as in many states); so is possession of a stolen firearm.

Guest bkelm18
OK, I had a chance to go through this monster of a package from the BATFE.

Contents:

ATF State Laws and Published Ordinances-Firearms

2006-27th Edition (468 pages)

ATF Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide

2005 (243 pages)

Firearms Curios or Relics List

2007 (54 pages)

ATF Safety and Security Information for Federal Firearms Lecensees

2004 (about 30 pages)

There were also a few other papers in there. Looks like I have lots of reading to do.

Most of that crap they sent you does not apply to 03 FFLs. It is possible the theft part applies to 03's, however I would assume that it would have to be a C&R Firearm that has been logged into your bound book. Not any of your other non-C&R firearms.

Well, I sent my app. in on 7/21 but my account was not charged until 8/25 which was last Monday. I thought that it must have been lost in the mail and was ready to request a new form but then saw the debit finally show up. I finally got my license in the mail today. Just a little slower than some of you but still much faster than waiting for the HCP. crimsonaudio you should have yours soon too.

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone that has just received you C&R FFL and registered with any C&R dealers found out about any good discounts.

I have sent my copy in to Midway USA and now lists dealer prices on most everything that they have except for items that are already on sale. I also sent a copy to Brownell's and J&G Sales.

I am not as interested in C&R weapons as I am with ammo and reloading supplies.

Let us know what you have found.

There is generally only a very small discount on ammo. I have searched and searched, and have yet to find any great (or even good) deals using the C&R FFL. So far, Midway and Brownell's have offered the better discounts on other items.

Also check out

AIMSurplus ( http://www.aimsurplus.com/ )

CDNN ( http://www.cdnninvestments.com/ )

There's a whole list over at AR15.com. I can't remember exactly where, but it's there. I'll try to look in a few.

• 1 month later...
Guest FNandGlock

Little far behind you guys but if it wasnt for this thread I wouldnt have thought to get mine, great Idea. I just filled out the online app to get the form sent to me. May have some questions so bare with me.