Hunting License Question

I will probably end up contacting the TWRA just to make sure but thought I would see if anyone here knew.  A hunting buddy of mine is unable to hunt this season due to some nerve damage and expected surgery at some point and his Dr. told him no shooting due to the recoil.  I believe the nerve damage is around his neck but otherwise he is able to function just fine.  My question is if he is able to go on the WMA public lands with me to call turkeys without a hunting license?  He will not have a shotgun and will not be shooting.  He does not see much point in buying a sportsman license if he is physically unable to hunt this season but still wants to go and be with some of us while we hunt to do some calling unless a license is required to do that.

From the TWRA site:

http://www.tn.gov/twra/huntlicense.html

<<emphasis mine>>

If you hunt game or attempt to hunt game by any method or if you assist someone else to do so, you must have a valid hunting license. There are some exceptions:

• Residents born before March 1, 1926 (with proof of age and residency).
  • Military personnel on leave carrying leave papers.
  • Landowners, their spouses, and children who hunt on farmland which is owned by said landowners. The aforementioned must be residents of Tennessee but need not reside on the land. This license exemption does not apply if the farmland is owned jointly or in common by unrelated persons.
  • Resident grandchildren (under the age of 16) and resident great-grandchildren (under the age of 16) who hunt on farmland which is owned by their resident grandparents or great-grandparents.
  • Tenants, their spouses, and their dependent children who hunt on farmland owned by an individual or family. The aforementioned must be residents of Tennessee and must actually reside on the land and have the permission of the landowner to hunt. A tenant is a person who, for money, free rent, or other consideration, cares for farmland. The tenancy must be agricultural in nature.
  • First cousins who own farmland jointly or in common may fish and hunt small game on the farmland. Their children may fish and hunt small game as well.
  • Resident and nonresident youths under 13. Hunters ages 10-12 need only a hunter education certificate to hunt. However, youths 6-16 hunting big game on a WMA must have a valid Type 094 or Type 095 permit or quota permit, as applicable.
Edited by monkeylizard