It's that time again- SHTF neat stuff learn/show off!

Enjoyed it immensely and it was good meeting and talking with those who could make it. Wish I could've stayed past mid-afternoon yesterday, but maybe next time. Hopefully by then I'll have thrown away my crutches and will once again be walking the walk (or at least hobbling the walk) instead of sitting on my kiester & flapping my lips.

Thanks much to everyone for doing their best to keep me from getting tangled up and falling on my butt. :up:  :cheers:

...TS...

I had a great time!  Thanks to Bigbabysweets for hosting this event!  I really enjoyed meeting everyone that was there and look forward to future events.  I have created some honorary awards for a few of the participants and will post it up in the general chat section for all to see.

Guest brentt

Had a great time. Thanks for getting this together BigBaby..... And a thanks to Spots for helping me make my first knife. I've already been on the net searching for tongs and an anvil...... and a deuce and a half. LOL. I have a few pics I can post, well I might have to email them to someone a let them post. The last time I tried I was unsuccessful.

Several comments were made about the beards of Sweets and Spots and got me really missing mine so I just thought I'd share this.

[URL=http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/bnz90/media/Picture1.jpg.html]Picture1.jpg[/URL]

• Like 1

Here are some pictures of our expedient ground forge, railroad track anvil, and some other stuff.

Here is the rr track anvil, shop vac air source, cross pein hammer and tongs.

Posted Image

Here is the expedient ground forge. Hole in the ground, with a side hole for air from the vacuum, rocks stack to make it a lil safer and hotter. It easily pulled welding heat with coal.

Posted Image

Big babys propane setup

Posted Image

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, I know I did! It was great to see some of you again, and to meet some of you for the first time! Thanks Timestepper and Spots, you guys made the event awesome. I was gonna demo the same stuff, but you guys had better stuff and better stories! Smokin45 has some good pics too!

We should host another in the not too distant future, a little farther north for those that drove so far this time!
  • Like 1
Guest Zebra11107
I would be game for another meet up in the not so distant future. I had a great time meeting new people and learning about black smithing and old school camping an survival techniques. If the next time is closer to cookeville I will drive my Duce as well! Thanks to bigbabysweets for organizing an everyone for sharing knowledge and experiences. Looking forward to next time!