I've got an issue not my Ed Brown

I've got a two week old Kobra Carry.  Gen 3 coating over stainless, Ambi, 10-8 rear sight.  Now the problem, my eyes.  I got up the other day picked up the Kobra and could not pick up the front sight.  Started freaking out inside.  After all these years I finally got the weapon I wanted yet I CAN'T SEE THE FRONT SIGHT.  I called my opthamologist and see her Weds. for the final word.  In the interim I need an option for the front sight.  I've called XS about a big dot front.  The dovetail cut is the same but the height XS is .285 vs Brown's Trijicon @ .180.  Bill at XS, said I would be shooting low at 25 yds but my concern as a retired agent will be within 15 yds..  My last qual was in 98 300/300.  That was then and this is now.  What's wrong with my eye can't be fixed.  Seems I picked up a microbe in S.E. Asia long ago and far away.  Now if the Doc tells me it's getting worse I'll have to sell it but if a larger front will fix things I'm good.  Someone here has bound to know someone or maybe been through similar problems.  I really need your help please.
I went with a good size fiber optic front sight and have had good luck with them.

Especially with the green VS the red. The Truglo TFO' s are becoming some of my favorites. Edited by R1100R

I went through a period after my LASIK surgery where I really couldn't see jack out of either eye.  In that time, I found my XS big dots the easiest to see, followed by my Trijicon HD's.  

My vision was probably sitting at 20/60ish in both eyes at the time with a lot of debris if that makes any sense, so it was generally hard to see.

My .02 for what it is worth.

Well, I don't have your exact problem, but I am near sighted. Had an old pair of backup glasses that were -2.00, my rx(contacts) was -2.5 at the time. Nothing extreme, but the XS Big dot definitley made shooting easier than stock glock sights.

I was able to maintain a good fist sized group out to 15yds with the XS big dot front and rear. At 25, things took a lot of getting used to, but once you've learned the sights, they're fast.

Wish I still had that pistol, and those sights. Whatever happens, good luck!

Guest RedLights&Sirens
Do you wear glasses? If so how do they help your vision? There are prescription safety glasses available and it may be worth talking to your opthamologist about.

Also look at a super-wide notch rear sight, all black with no dots.  Allows more light to frame the front sight. 

Novak makes one with a .170 notch.

9a9z68.jpg

I run these on all of my 1911s that have a Novak cut.