East Tn TGO Members Aug 16, 2008 Meet

Guest Phantom6

Guest tarheel78

Another fun get-together again! As said above, a ton of firepower showed up today (ARs, SKs, AKs, Nagants); those poor PVC target stands were destroyed, looked like a pile of rubble way before we were through.

The new XD performed flawlessly (operator did not), put 100 Wolf 230 grs downrange. A little too much smoke for me, and was predictably dirty upon cleanup. Still can't get over the .22-like mile recoil, barely noticeable again.

Saw .357 skeet shooting with a Nagant, another Kodak moment.

Phantom, call Junk Bee Gone to haul off all that PVC rubble before the neighbors sneak over to see what "little Vietnam" was all about!

Good photos BTW.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scottech

:D Fantastic photos guys. It was a great shoot, especially seeing eveyone again and meeting the new folks.

Good comment about Corey SUNTZU. Ammunition Tax... He's getting to that age where he needs to know that it costs more than his great company to pay for this expensive hobby. He really likes to let rip with both the WASR and the CAR. I think he will be a little more conservative if he has to pay for ammo. :)

Guest Phantom6

What an afternoon! Always great to see old friends and meet new ones. Those that didn't make it really missed out. Those that did make it missed nothing including the target stands as you can see from the pictures.:lol:

BTW here's an update regarding the visit from the Roane County Sheriff's Dept. It was not a noise complaint. The range is in a bowl in the hills so the sound pretty much goes straight up. It is not loud but can certainly be heard. There is a new neighbor in the area that moved in a little shy of 2 months ago. They heard what they thought was "automatic weapons fire" and wanted the Sheriff's Dept. to make sure that we were not a "terrorist training camp." :cool:

I ran into a deputy at Butler's Market as I was leaving the range last night and talked to him about the call. I told him that we were just "a bunch of TN gun owners and really don't give a flip about what happened in Atlanta but them damned Ruskies better not try to do here in Tennessee what they wuz a doin' in Georgia." He did a spit take with his Orange Crush and we both had a good belly laugh. ;)

Had a great time yesterday at the get together. Good to meet some of the members of this group. I have been trying to upload pictures all morning but have not been able to. I think my file size may be too large. They are about 6meg. If anyone has an idea as to what my problem may be, please let me know. I did find a web site to post them to. Here is a link. I hope it works.

TGO Shoot 8-16-2008/

[/url]

Thanks again to everone for a great time.

Guest grimel
They heard what they thought was "automatic weapons fire" and wanted the Sheriff's Dept. to make sure that we were not a "terrorist training camp." :screwy:

Hmm, 3 AK's, 3 CAR's, numerous semi-auto pistols, numerous revolvers, many shooters. Nope, wouldn't sound like a fire fight.

I'm pretty sure there was more than enough firepower present yesterday for us to have over thrown a small African country. :cool::koolaid:;)

Guest Scottech
Nice pics there Greenego. Especially of the fat lefty shooting the SKS, lol

Hope you join us at the next one.

I agree with Mike. Great photos greenego. That fat guy with the Cowboys shirt and the CAR-15 can't be me. That guy looks close to 300 pounds and I only weigh about 290. :)

Guest c.a.s.
I don't think I want to see the evidence of that....:D

I weigh.....Wait for it..... 125.

According to my doctor. I USED to weigh 180, but apparently my metabolism has kicked it up a notch.

Guest Boomhower
I weigh.....Wait for it..... 125.

Is that with or without rocks in your pockets??

Call me when 250 rolls around. Til then, I'll be on snooze control. :D