East Tn TGO Members Aug 16, 2008 Meet

Guest Phantom6

Guest Linoge

Just did that drive (Nash to Knox) in about 2.5 hours. You can probably accomplish it faster if you have more faith in your radar detector than I do.

That, and do not forget about the annoying time zone change.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did that drive (Nash to Knox) in about 2.5 hours. You can probably accomplish it faster if you have more faith in your radar detector than I do.

I don't have a radar detector...I mosey along at my own speed pretty much..LOL

more than likely I'll be doing that drive sometime this week, since I have to take care of some business there in Knox.

:rofl:

we'll see what happens on the weekend though.

thanks for that info Linoge. I absolutely want to make another shoot in Knox before long..just don't know when it'll be.

Back in May, I drove from the Nashville airport to my home in East Oak Ridge, (about 1 1/2 minutes from Phanom's shop) in 2 hours 10 min.

I don't think I am going to anymore shoots until BK, AB, and Magic can see there way fit to get their priorities straight.

Hahahaha....somethins gotta pay for my gun hobby...unfortunately it takes up so much time I dont get to shoot very often.:D

For the non-church goin on Sunday types I am off then and also Wed's Anyone around e.tenn a member of Norris Gun Range? Its cheap and fun (only $25 per year)

Hahahaha....somethins gotta pay for my gun hobby...unfortunately it takes up so much time I dont get to shoot very often.:D

For the non-church goin on Sunday types I am off then and also Wed's Anyone around e.tenn a member of Norris Gun Range? Its cheap and fun (only $25 per year)

That's a deal that sounds too good to be true. What kind of facility do they have? What are the hours?

Guest bkelm18
That's a deal that sounds too good to be true. What kind of facility do they have? What are the hours?

It an outdoor range, no safety officer. They have like 5 or 6 covered rifle benches out to 200 yds I think. There's a 25 yd pistol range. You have to go to the Norris Police station to pay the $25 (cash) and they give you a key and directions. It's nice if you get there at the right time and you are the only person there. Hours are like 9am-sunset or something.

Guest Linoge

Hm, might have to rescind my attendance... Just realized I do not have any cleaning materials with me, and they will not be here until fully two weeks after the shoot. I may not be the neatest person in the world, but I am kind of spastic about cleaning my guns after each and every shoot... So, yeah, might have to pass until next round - unless, of course, I can just show up and shoot everyone else's guns... :koolaid:

Rifle Range is out to 300yds and its open from "dawn to dusk" it is a great place to go during the week or when its raining (the shooting benches are covered) cause no one is there...Sundays and saturdays are quite busy but everyone up there is real friendly...fyi the road is pretty bumpy so no low riders or sports cars...though my Lexus GS does fine. Your membership lasts from July to June then you have to renew and get a new key. Its a great deal.

Guest Linoge
Was that you picking up a Walther at Phantom's this afternoon? :biglol:

Yes, hence why I am significantly more cheap now! :D

Hey, if anyone has 9mm and 7.62mm boresnakes laying about...

you know that shooting conventional rounds out of cartridge firearms does not require cleaning right away. Basically nothing bad happens if it sits around awhile.

It sure as heck is not like black powder or old milsurp ammo.

Guest Linoge

Well, that rules out the Prvi Partizan I have for the M1A...

As for the WWB for the 9mm... can I beg OCD? Eh, I will figure it out... if nothing else, BBQ is not to be passed up :D.

oh man..half the fun is shooting with everyone!! I'm willing to bet you could scrounge the cleaning supplies to clean your firearms. :D

Heck, if it means getting another shooter there, I'll bring along my cleaning kits. Shotgun,, handgun, rifle.

14_6_19.gif

Guest Scottech

Wow...time flies when you're busy! These past two months have really flown by. ;)

Corey and I will be there.

We picked up a couple hundred rds of ammo (Expo RK show) for Corey's WASR and my CAR. That's all we could afford. :) Thank God it's payday this Friday so I can get a couple of boxes of 9mm for my Sig and the newest addition to my arsenal, a Kahr CW9.

See you at Capt. Tom's.

Edited by Scottech
Damn, I was hoping to take a vacation day to come to this one but as it happens this also falls on the same day as a special event at the zoo I have to work. I think my supervisor would laugh in my face if I asked for the day off. Oh well. One of these days. Have fun.

I assume you're referring to Feast with the Beasts. Looks like I'm going to be heading there myself after the shoot. If I can do it, I don't see why you couldn't... :)

Either way, 70below and I are planning on coming out again. I picked up 500 rounds of Georgia Arms 10mm at the show this past weekend, so I'm going to finish getting my G29 broken in. And I'll be ready for that damn spider this time, too...

Oh, and I sure do hope we have golfballs again!

Guest bkelm18
I assume you're referring to Feast with the Beasts. Looks like I'm going to be heading there myself after the shoot. If I can do it, I don't see why you couldn't... :D

That's because you don't work at the zoo. :D My department is responsible for setting up for this event and we have been doing so pretty much non-stop this week. Me being the electrician, I have to ensure every single vendor will have adequate power and wont have any issues whatsoever, and considering there will be 60+ vendors, live entertainment, and various other stuff, this will take time. Not to mention, my work week is Tues-Sat, so I wouldn't be able to make it anyway. :up: