Safes

Guest Joshua__423

Guest Joshua__423

I am in the market for an American made safe that will hold 25 to 35 guns. I have been looking at Libertys but I didn't know if there were another brand that was a better value or anything. Just needing some info. Thanks in advance!

Yea, there are better safes than Liberty if you're willing to pay a small fortune. For the value of the stuff I need to secure and some fire protection, I selected a Liberty Fat Boy for my needs and price range. I believe you can configure it to hold 24 long guns with no problem.

I purchased mine and had it delivered and placed in position from the Nashville Safe House. I went there one Saturday and looked at dozens of safes and had a lot of questions about safes, which they expertly and patiently answered. Went home and made my choice and called them, paid, and had it delivered in just a few days. They were good folks to deal with and the safe was a bargain. Based on my experience I highly recommend them. I believe they are a TGO sponsor too?

Good luck.

related question I tend to have more handguns than rifles that I want to secure but most of the safes seem to be setup for long guns. Did you see any there that had a lot of shelves for hanguns?

I will be rolling with a more value Branded safe. None of my guns have much value except to me and to keep them out of the hands of a punk that wants to rob someone.

There are brands that offer an all shelf configuration or you can always modify the safe interior to fit you needs.  Brownings new 2013 interior offers the option to configure the interior to suit your needs by having an interchangable interior. 

MB

The Safe House

• 2 weeks later...

mine is a liberty and it is configurable.  Not 100% sure but if I had no rifles, I *think* I could remove the rifle shelf setup and just use width-spanning shelves all the way up and down, as many or as few as I liked.    It is the 'presidential' series from the late 80s or early 90s.   An old time turn combo dial to open, and you can lock it so it can't be turned.   Its pretty stout, there is a lot of steel in it.

No one has tried to bust into it so all I can say is it seems to be well made and seems like it would be trouble to open.  Remember a safe is a part of a security package --- your alarm has the cops on the way, can they get it out intact or open it in 10-20 min tops?  Will it survive a typical housefire?  Those are the questions you want to answer.