New SRP Les Baer

willis68

400 rounds of 230 Grain Remington Golden Saber through her, observations:

This is the only 1911 I have owned that does not like CMC Power Mags, 2 CMC power mags, 2 failures (stove pipes)
Wilson Combat 47D, absolutely Flawless
Baer Mags, all 3 included, all flawless

I have always liked the Wilson 47D mags but my other Les Baer pistols did not, they run like a Swiss watch in this SRP so I will be buying some more

I have about 8 to 10 CMC power mags that I will be parting with

I also ran 40 rounds (5 Magazines) of 230 Grain Hornady TAP FPD and this is the ONLY 1911 that I have owned that would feed that stuff reliably, tried it in my Browns, Nighthawk, Wilson Combat and the 3 Thunder Ranch special Les Baer pistols and all of them choked on this ammo,

I absolutely love this pistol and trust it to carry now Edited by willis68
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

I hate to hear it doesn't lke CMC Power mags, I have a TRS that I carry and has 6k plus thru it.

When I first got it, it did not like CMC Power Mags, I called and spoke to Les, we talked for a little

while and discussed the situation. I sent it back to him and he fitted a new slide stop that liked

CMC power mags and its been reliable with them ever since.

Oh and a baby brother for that SRP would be sweet.

Edited by TresOsos

I hate to hear it doesn't lke CMC Power mags, I have a TRS that I carry and has 6k plus thru it.
When I first got it, it did not like CMC Power Mags, I called and spoke to Les, we talked for a little
while and discussed the situation. I sent it back to him and he fitted a new slide stop that liked
CMC power mags and its been reliable with them ever since.

Oh and a baby brother for that SRP would be sweet.

Yes, I am quite sure that it could be very simple fix for it to accept CMC mags but I will just use Wilson 47D magazines and be happy.

I am going to do the deal on the baby brother I will be making payments on the pistol and hopefully have it in a few months if all goes well Edited by willis68

Nice one Steve. Congrats. I wouldn't cancel the Springfield order considering they take so long to get. You can always sell them if you don't like them.

I know,

But the wait just got increased another year, so we will see if I ever get them

If not I know that if i buy the Commanche this pair of SRP's will more than satisfy me
I Decided that I like Goverment model 1911's so I will pass on the Commanche model SRP
And I now have one Guncrafter Industry No Name pistol on order, in 10MM

Mav,
I will keep my orders on the PC9111's open, like you said I can always sell them if I don't like them, but the wait keeps increasing so I will be lucky to ever receive them Edited by willis68

I'd probably be willing to take one of those Professionals off your hands. Consider it a friend helping out a friend. :)

Fred,

I seriously may take you up on this is they ever come in, I will keep the Operator and let you buy the regular one I however am not holding my breath for when they may come in
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Bassman17SC

To the OP: sorry for being lat to the party!  Congratulations on your new LB 1911.  I've never used any other mags than Wilsons, so I do not have experience with Chip's magazines.  At any rate, I've never had an issue with the Wilson magazines - ever.

Glad you are enjoying the new pistol.

• 6 months later...
Update,

I would like to thank Tim Calhoun,

This SRP has been awesome except it did not like CMC Power mags and eventually Wilson magazines what I mean is it would lock the slide back prematurely after 3 or 4 rounds
Tim fixed this for me by filing down and adjusting the slide stop. I ran several mags of all kinds through the pistol yesterday and it works great.

A few years ago I bought several boxes of Hornady Tap FPD ammo, I tried it in every 1911 that I owned and it would not feed right I am talking a Wilson Combat, Nighthawk Custom, Ed Brown and Les Baer pistols, none would feed two magazines in a row reliably of this ammo so I started keeping my Sig P220 loaded with it, the Sig has always liked it

I ran 75 rounds of The TAP ammo as fast as I could through my SRP and it ran like a Swiss watch, I was shocked that it fed this ammo as well as it did, I love this 1911

Tim is a gentleman and knows his stuff