Bic Flamedisk firestarter

I had a coupon, so I picked up one of these at Kroger.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0062QJLSI/

It's marketed as a replacement for charcoal in your grill. It burns for 35 to 45 minutes. Hot enough to grill burgers over. If I fashion a lid to extinguish it, it may be reusable. Don't know yet, haven't tried it.

As an emergency firestarter, it should get really wet wood going in a few minutes. Or if one were to want to have a fire without smoke, this might be a good option. I'm going to put one in my BOB.

Definitely don't buy them from Amazon. Kroger's regular price is about half that. And I used a $2 off coupon.

Will
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The local dollar general has them also for about $3.50 each. I bought 4 or 5 awhile back. They don't do well if you extinguish then relight but they are great for a pot of coffee and some hot food on the trail with no mess to clean up.

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere

That would be great as a fire starter.  I found a way that I will do it for now on when I am car camping.  Last time I was camping I built a small fire with charcoal to cook some brats on.  After I was done eating I started placing small sticks on top of the charcoal.  This was Memorial Day weekend and it had been raining all week.  I had a really nice fire that night that would have been very difficult to start using conventional methods. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.