Tactical Rifle Match on June 29'th at GRGC in Bowling Green KY

The Green River Gun Club (GRGC) will be holding a Tactical Rifle Match on Saturday June 29'th in Bowling Green KY.

We will be using IDPA "like" rules and IDPA scoring:

Use of  cover.  20 round max in the mags. Must reload from the belt (no cinched mags).

7 or 8 stages ( one in the shoot house).  Minimum round count is approximatley 175. There will be movement on several stages.  Two divisions, iron sights or optic sights.

Stages have not yet been finalized.

Set-up at 8:00 am, shooters meeting about 9:00 am, start about 9:30 am.

For more info go to GRGC website:

http://www.bggrgc.com/index.html

or contact the match director, Dan Stuart (270) 320-1191 moosedan1@att.net

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Allan,

you are legal. We just want to eliminate mags that are cinched together or extra mags on the gun.

Mark,

You gamer!

No Barney mags. No more than 20 in the gun at all times, at least this is the way it was last year.

I'm not getting a lot of detail from our new MD, but this is my assumption. You can get a ruling from the MD at the match if you really want to game it!

Mark, You gamer!  No Barney mags. No more than 20 in the gun at all times, at least this is the way it was last year.

Dang..., Busted Already.  :ugh:

But Hey....., will there be sandwiches for sale like last year.  They Were AWESOME.  :up:

I don't think there will be lunch this year......, bring a sack lunch...... 

Hmmmmm.....,

Maybe this is a clever way of wearing us competitors down.

The age old burden of the infantry and the things they carry - weapon - ammo - food - water.

I'll resist the urge to pack dry socks!  :pleased:

Allan,

you are legal. We just want to eliminate mags that are cinched together or extra mags on the gun.

Mark,

You gamer!

No Barney mags. No more than 20 in the gun at all times, at least this is the way it was last year.

I'm not getting a lot of detail from our new MD, but this is my assumption. You can get a ruling from the MD at the match if you really want to game it!

What is this NEW JERSEY!!!!    :rofl:

If we had known about this sooner we could have made plans to join you all. The Soggy Bottom Boys have been wanting to shoot a match just like this.

Rain, rain! Are you afraid you're going to melt?

We will have several permanent , semi-permanent and temporary awnings set-up should melting occur.

My weatherman says isolated thunderstorms with only a 30% chance of rain. A high temp of only 81 degrees F. Nice and cool!

Mark,

You might want to bring those dry socks!

Ok Robert, Dan, Denny and I will get you unstuck and make sure you can shoot the stages.

Hope to see you there, it's been a long time.

thanks, it was also good to see you guys as well. had a good time! and many thanks to my squad helping me out and getting me across the creek bottom  and the hole I found in bay 1. I learned that I can not use my normal 3 gun AR and will need to get the light weight one finished and will need a aimpoint or eotech. a scope will not work.

I was very happy with Wanda's shooting that was the first time she pulled the trigger on one her AR in many months.

again thanks all

Edited by RWF

Glad you guys enjoyed the match, I did too. It was shorter than last year's match but still a lot of fun.

Dan is still working on the scores, stay tuned.

Wanda and Robert, great to see you guys on the range again.

I was looking for DMark, but I heard his bulldog took him out. Man's best friend!

Oh, and GW... SHOOT THE WHITE !!!!

Hope to see you all soon.

I was looking for DMark, but I heard his bulldog took him out. Man's best friend!

70+ pounds of Bulldog coming down the stairs behind you is a force of nature that can't be stopped.

Saturday morning my right ankle was black & blue and too swollen for any running and gunning.

But Still - - - He is this Man's Best Friend.

34qmcjm.jpg

My son and cousin did make it to the match and had a great time!

MArk,

The boys seemed to enjoy themselves, sorry you couldn't make it.

Good looking pooch, but not as pretty as my girl Remington (65 lb Boxer).

Don't forget RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate).

See you at Gallatin in a couple of weeks.