Just got a new Walther P series. Ammo issue

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

I just went out and shot my new walther. It ate the remington thunderbolt ammo up like a fat kid on cake. I tried some cci hollowpoints thru it. It ate them up also. Then, I feed some more expensive federal rounds thru it.

Remington: 60 rounds without a hickup

CCI: 10 rounds with no problem (wanted to try since thats what I am keeping in it for home defense)

Federal: 20 rounds - two didnt fire (duds) 4 jammed.

I picked up the spent cartridges. I am worried about my firing pin. I noticed all the rounds were hit on the VERY edge of the primer. And when I say the very edge, I mean there was barely a knick on the tee tiniest edge of every round. Is that ok/normal. Is my pin going bad, or was it the ammo.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033

Alright, I got ancy, and came to a conclusion. I went outside, and spent 2 mags of the remington back thru it. It was dark, and we have some land so I shot at the creek. By the way, That Walther is a fire breathing dragon! Those remingtons went thru it like hot butter. It must be the federal ammo. Well, remington for me :D

Guest Mugster

Wait until you've got 500-1000 rounds through it before you judge ammo. It should run a little better after you've shot it a bit. When you clean it, don't spare the oil. Those of us with sig mosquito's have tried oiling the ammo a little and had some success with it.

Guest jps37033

Thanks. I appreciate the response. It seems to eat up anything I put through it now. Tho, it is still hitting the very outer side of the shell. But, it is working great. No more issues with remington or cci's. I even put about 20 federals thru it like it was nothing. Guess it was just a breaking in period.