glock 19 gen 4

Joe357

I am still in a daze. I just went to the LGS and bought my wife a new Glock 19 gen 4. Now we have a plastic gun that will be her new carry gun after we put a few rounds through it. After I got home, cleaned, put on night sights and loaded the magazines. I had to take out all of my 1911's and fondle them. I am feeling much better now. :) All kidding aside it feels real good in my hands without adding any of the back straps. Just hope she likes it or maybe not, if you know what I mean ;)
  • Like 1

^ What he said.

Everyone should own a G19.  Since you've already added sights, one of the best mods I've done to mine was to swap out the entire G19 trigger/trigger bar with one from a G17.  This gets rid of the cheese-grater trigger and gives you a nice, smooth one in return.  Obtainable from Brownells and other places for less than $20.

• Like 1
While I realize your Glock comments were made in jest, I truly LOL when a 1911 fanboy (or any other company/model for that model) rambles on about how "I don't do Tupperware". Kills me that some folks can't appreciate both.

The 1911 was the best gun at one point, just the same way as smoke signals were the best way of communication at one point. I kid I kid, congrats on the purchase

just the same way as smoke signals were the best way of communication at one point. I kid I kid, congrats on the purchase

You mean smoke signals aren't the best way to communicate :( next thing you are going to tell me is the horse and buggy have been replaced by some new fangled thing ;)

Well Hkinator if you are not satisfied with yours I'd be happy to take it off your hands.... Just name a price.

I am plenty happy with it. I should have stated that it performed as advertised. My only complaint are the finger grooves and they will go way of the dodo this weekend!! I just had GT hang a set of Ameriglo Operator night sights on it this morning. I am planning on adding this to the carry rotation along side theM&P 9MMC. Edited by Hkinator
Went to the range today with wife and her new 19 gen4.
She locked and loaded, put 75 rounds down range without a hiccup and at 25 feet blew the center out of the target.
I shot 25 rounds and again no problems. I am very impressed and may trade one of my 1911's for one.

This is now her carry gun Edited by joe45

Well I did it.

I am trading one of my Rock Island 9mm 1911's plus some cash for a new Glock 19 gen 4.

After I put a few rounds down range with my new Glock, I will most likely make it one of my carry guns. 

Edited by joe45

Well I did it.
I am trading one of my Rock Island 9mm 1911's plus some cash for a new Glock 19 gen 4.
After I put a few rounds down range with my new Glock, I will most likely make it one of my carry guns.

I am waiting on a holster and a grip force adapter for mine so i can put mine in rotation. I bought a gen 3 at the start of the summer and was actually surprised at how easy it is to shoot.
Damn, wife saw second 19 gen 4 and thanked me for getting her a second gun that she can have as her nightstand gun. :(
So,I went to the LGS and picked up a G30 (45acp) which is my preferred carry caliber anyway. Now she is happy and so am I. Edited by joe45
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought a new one last week.  Put 150 rounds of WWB, UMC, and Speer Gold Dot through it.  No problems, very accurate, does exactly what you'd expect it to do.

There are lots of gloom and doom threads on gun boards about Gen 4 G19's having malfunctions, and ejecting spent brass into the shooter's face.  These problems have either been fixed, or I got lucky (so far).