Who shoots something besides paper?

Guest J.York

I'll go ahead and post here since no one else has.

Who out there hunts? What do you hunt? Got pics?

I have hunted several different types of game over the years, but now I really only hunt doves and deer.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking my first "official" hunting trip tomorrow. Flying down to Laredo for a company sponsored bird hunting trip. We are taking along a rep from a vendor, a couple of customers and a few company personnel. The ranch is about 40 miles south of Laredo. We'll be hunting quail and apparently may try for some duck while we are there. I'm kind of excited even if it is with customers. I've always wanted to try bird hunting, and now I get a chance to try it on someone else's dime. :lol:

I'll try to take some pics and post them up when I get back Sunday.

Guest nitrous_mike

I mostley just hunt waterfowl and coon with a few days for deer. I still enjoy dove, turkey, rabbit, and squirrel hunting but my other hobby keeps me busy in the warmer months.

Guest GlocKingTN

I Deer hunt every year. Did pretty good this year actually. Well, good for me, seeing as how I haven't killed anything in 2-3 yrs. I killed 2 does opening afternoon and a 4 point the next morning. I hunt land-owner so its not as expensive as some hunting. Killed all those with a 300 WSM.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zwild_m30

I get to go deer hunting once a year with my dad.. We meet up in Bakersfield Missouri. Here is a pic of the one I got in November.

normal_deer%20pic%202.JPG

It would of been an 8 point but it has a broken eye hook.. Safe shooting.. Chris

Guest Zwild_m30

Yeah I just got it back from the taxidermist saturday.. Saw this post thought I would share.. This was only my second deer.. First was a little three point.. Saved the horns just because it was my first.. Thanks for the relpy GlocKingTN.. Safe riding..

Guest m8kinulook

i own a good bit of land , and ive been hunting since i could hold a gun .

if it could be killed legaly in season ive hunted it . we had a awful duck season for the area but the deer taken where not too bad.

Guest GlocKingTN
i own a good bit of land , and ive been hunting since i could hold a gun .

if it could be killed legaly in season ive hunted it . we had a awful duck season for the area but the deer taken where not too bad.

If you ever need some help hunting all that land, give me a shout. I will help you hold it down.:rolleyes:

Never done any duck hunting. I would like to try it someday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Phantom6
Reef, whats the limit on those Golf balls this year? I hear they've been breeding like crazy and need to be regulated!:down:

Seriously, if you can hit golfballs at 25 yards, then you should participate in the postal match..and you're a better shot with a pistol than I am.

Yo, Towerclimber. What kind of ammo do you shoot that don't screw up the golf balls so bad that you can still mail 'em in a postal match? :D Heck, even my Walther P22 tears 'em up 'lessen I just nick 'em.;)

• 5 months later...
Yo, Towerclimber. What kind of ammo do you shoot that don't screw up the golf balls so bad that you can still mail 'em in a postal match? :D Heck, even my Walther P22 tears 'em up 'lessen I just nick 'em.:P

hahaha all I'd ever send in would be fragments...

kind of like squirrel hunting with a 12 guage.

lots of fun, but nothing to show for it.....

and I hunt poachers whenever they occasion to try that stuff on Marks' property.

and I hunt poachers whenever they occasion to try that stuff on Marks' property.

Let me know and I'll join you on the poacher hunt. I can show you how to hide a body so even the cadaver dogs won't find it.

I may want to go on a dog and cock fighter hunt too. :up:

now now Shannon. I've checked into it. Once they've been warned and they continue to poach, then they're fair game! we wouldn't have to hide the body, just call and inform the Hawkins county sheriff and ask them to come out...they'll pick up the body for free!

I'm right with you there with the cock and dog fighters too.