DNC

Mike.357

Anyone else watching?

I did not post it in the political subforum becasue frankly I do not want to argue politics.

I thought this might be a good place to crack wise at the goings on there, TV coverage, goofy looking people in the background etc...

They just had Uncle Teddy on, and the tear jerking " This is your life" segment preceding his speech. Not at all suprised that his part of a soggy car crash was never mentioned. And of course they made him look like everyones favorite uncle. Does anyone else think when they show pics of Teddy as a young boy that he resembles Jerry Mathers when he was a young Beaver?

Caroline while aging ( as are we all) is still kind of good looking.

And do they sell beer in that arena? Are there concessions like if a concert or sporting event was going on? They play music between speakers and people are dancing and all. Now I dunno about anyone else but unless there is alcohol involved I am not dancing. Either they are a bunch of dorks or they are drunk.

I dunno if I have the stomache for staying up for Miss Michelle's speech. I am sure she will be full of baloney anyway. We can always root for a costume malfunction or something though.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Nah, not watching it... had more pressing things to do... like a bowel movement. :D

Here's a take, from the CNN political tracker blog-thingy:

Senator Kennedy's speech is going to be one of the highlights of the evening if not the entire Democratic Convention.

But it also demonstrates one of the challenges facing Barack Obama.

Tonight, America is hearing from the national Democratic Party — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, former President Jimmy Carter, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr, Ted Kennedy, a group considerably farther left of center than mainstream America.

They are not change. They are classic, old school "make Washington bigger" Democrats.

When Obama won the nomination, change ran into the national liberal Democratic establishment. So far, as we can see tonight, the national Democratic Party has won.

Let's see if the Obama campaign chooses to reverse that and regain the mantle of change this week.

May tune in and watch some of it... but that would probably lead to another bowel movement. :bow:

I gotta ask. Why do I repeatedly hear or read that Barack is good looking or handsome?

Obviously I am not a judge of man flesh but to me he is pretty much goofy looking.

Now his wife is kind of hot, but why no nappy hair?

They play music between speakers and people are dancing and all. Now I dunno about anyone else but unless there is alcohol involved I am not dancing. Either they are a bunch of dorks or they are drunk.

Wait 'til the GOP'ers start their dancing. Now that will make you grimace. :D

Remember Elaine dancing from Seinfeld ? Yeah.....it'll be worse than that.

Guest SUNTZU

I thought I was watching the DNC but it was Maury. This morning the news said that an announcement was made at the DNC for the Democrats to watch how much alcohol they consumed. Gotta go buy stock in Mad Dog, and tranquilizers, the good stuff.

Is Bob Casey a bald headed boob or what?

Can't wait to hear what Hillary says. I really hope she implodes and blows up BO

No doubt the Dem's are drinking to excess. If I was there I would be a drunken fool.

So I am a drunken fool here now, why not be the same in Denver?

They are calling my roots. Might have to vote Democratic

Guest Revelator

I heard a segment on NPR a couple mornings ago about the old days of political conventions. Before '68 and all the mess that was, the conventions were actually where they picked the candidate. It was full of good old fashioned infighting, backstabbing, and smoke-filled rooms. Sounds a lot more interesting than the crap-show they put on today.

Before '68 and all the mess that was, the conventions were actually where they picked the candidate. It was full of good old fashioned infighting, backstabbing, and smoke-filled rooms

Nail on the head!! Great post. Seriously. I am praying that Hillary throws a dagger at the DNC tonight. Lets get back to old fashioned politics.

As an aside, any chance Rudy is the Republican Veep?

OMG I about just choked. They are playing the Hillary video. they showed her mother and ther was a small caption that said "Hillarys Mom" The next clip was Bill saying some BS. The clip said "Hillarys husband" Too freakin funny, seriously.

she is Mrs Clinton not the other way around

How can the Dem's support abortion then in another breath Hillary says "So each child can live up their their potential."

Whoa,that was an eye opener

And bill looks like he is about to bust a nutt. Of course he was looking at some woman off to the side.

Bunch of freakin phonies. Not that I am suprised. Good God , help us all if these people get in the white house.

Wow, what a speech. She is a great orator. No telling what will happen when she is trumped by BO on Thursday night. She for sure sucked in the sheeple.

Oh man what a bunch of dorks singing her departure song. LOL

dang, this whole thing really makes me want to go buy a new gun tomorrow.

Seriously. I am thinking a new handgun will happen tomorrow.

Edited by Mike.357
Guest SUNTZU

Those are going to be some broke mo fo's to pay for all that BS she just spouted that Obama is going to pass.

A "sock to the jaw" to disunity....are they making a snuff film at the DNC?

Guest SUNTZU

How is the economy going to be so much better with our lifeblood being sucked out of our necks. Ever seen the cocoons in The Matrix? That's what its going to be like.

Rachel Maddow - Dude