Great day at the range.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

First off, thanks a bazillion to Crossfire. Have been looking for a range for months. Finally found one that we could go to pretty much when we want. (Didnt actually find it, Crossfire told me where it was, close).

Have not got to fire a round in close to 5 months. Made up for it today. Unfortunately no pics since I had people with me that had no shooting experience (Adults) I had to be super focused on safety (And several times it showed I did for good reason, but nothing I didnt nip in the bud in 1 second).

Shot over 2200 rounds today. I didnt shoot nearly what I let the rest shoot. Downrange we sent .22, .38, 9MM, .45 ACP, 30-30, 5.56 and 12 gauge. Everyone there shot everything. Guns they fired were 870, Tristar Cobra, 336 x 2, Model 94, S&W Bodyguard, 1911's, Henry Golden Boy, Glock 19,  WW15 and several others.

They had a ball. Only real issues I had were getting them to keep their finger off the trigger before ready to fire and one kept wanting to turn around holding a revolver (He also kept telling me how much he knows about guns even though he is 57 and hasnt picked up a gun since he was 14, but fixed that). That didnt get more than a few inches. At about the point where I said for the 9th time to "treat the gun as it is always loaded" he got a grin and looks like he got it. Because I didnt have a problem after that. 

They had a ball and so did I even though I would have liked to have sent every round downrange I was having fun watching them, I would have liked to got some pictures but that was a no go today. Next week.

One thing I was happy to see, the wife is very comfortable with a 12 gauge and her Glock. Not too confident in her .38 but she will get there. Plus we added two new shooters to our rolls and at least one soon to be new gun owner (Actually three if you count my niece, nephew and BIL). The BIL was a Democrat until last week, now he is a Republican (or whatever he decides to vote) soon to be gun owner. He rode back with me, never talked guns before, he couldnt stop asking questions. Asked so many questions it gave me a headache, but I answered them. 

Great AND SAFE day, and thanks again to Crossfire. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good work!!! It's awesome to hear about people taking new shooters, especially anti-gunners, to the range and sharing the love!

I make a concerted effort to take a new shooter to the range every 2nd or 3rd time I go... I've sold a lot of pistols for Smith & Wesson... still waiting on that commission check!

Man, 2,200 rounds!!! I thought I had a lot at 850 with my neighbor and another new shooter last week!