Rock Castle 3 Gun Club Match Nov 24th

For those of you who love "The Rock" or have never heard of Rock Castle Shooting Center. Love 3 Gun or have just thought about shooting 3 Gun. Or, have thought about shooting a Major 3 gun match but didn't know what they were getting into.

This is the Match for YOU!

This match will give you a feel for what open terrain 3 gun is like. You will shoot close Rifle targets and 300yd rifle targets. All kinds of pistol targets, paper and steel. Plus enough shotgun targets to make your shoulder cry Uncle!

If it's your first time don't worry the RO's will help you through it. If your a pro you will still get a challenge.

I hope everyone will consider this match as it will be a blast.

Here is the official press release!

See You There!!

Rockcastle Shooting Center in Park City, KY will be hosting another local 3-gun match on Sunday, November 24th.  Entry fee is $20 per shooter.  This match will consist of 4 stages- approximately 75 rounds of rifle, 75 pistol and 75 birdshot. (no slugs or buck).  Rifle targets will range from 1 to 300+ yards.  All stages will be located in Thunder Valley and be designed around 200 second maximum times.  Stages will feature increased movement, higher round counts, and technical shooting positions to test the competitors.   Slings will be needed for the rifle. 

Modified Pro-Am rules will be used for safety and scoring, with Tac 1x, Tac Optics, Open and Heavy divisons recognized.  We will be utilizing Practiscore for stats.   

The Monthly USPSA pistol match is Saturday the 23th. Info for the USPSA pistol match can be found on Rockcastle’s website. Shooters can elect to shoot one or both matches (USPSA pistol on Saturday, and 3-gun on Sunday). Each match will have separate fees, scoring, and registration.

Schedule for the Sunday 3-gun:

Registration – Day of Match @ 0800 CST (at lodge)

New Shooters Meeting-0830 CST (mandatory for all new shooters)

Shooters Meeting 0845 CST      Shooting Starts-0900 CST

Stay at the lodge, enjoy the food and drink in the evenings, and spend two days burning up a few hundred rounds of ammo.  Contact Rockcastle for special room rates.

Match Directors:       Bryan Ray  bryan45acp@windstream.net

Brian Vaught vaughtbk@hotmail.com

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, only if I knew how to read. I caught hell trying to copy and paste the flier from my e-mail.

I was told one of the e-mail address is just returned from someone trying to get on there e-mail list.

Edited by RWF

Hmm - very tempted by this. Where can I read more about the rules? I typically shoot an iron sighted FAL, 870' and Glock model 30. I could shoot a 1911 if a single stack is required for Heavy, but prefer the Glock.

Do you still know how too even run that glock dude !!! Where have you been it's been almost a year, you don't come out an play with us anymore?? We've had some BIG fun you've miss out on at GGC!!!

Matt, per the MD's

"Yes, any .45cal loaded with no more than 10 rounds is legal for Heavy.  

In fact, a .44mag revolver is legal too.  But I have yet to see anyone shoot one in a match!"

You now have no excuse to attend!

Edited by ToysRUs

Do you still know how too even run that glock dude !!! Where have you been it's been almost a year, you don't come out an play with us anymore?? We've had some BIG fun you've miss out on at GGC!!!

Ammo prices and availability got me down, along with a busier than usual schedule. This looks like a great match - I hope I can make the schedule work out. You guys might have to remind me which end the bullets come out of...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good shootin today. What would the Rock be if it didnt have some kind of extream weather.

Congrats DBTN on the win. Squad 3 was alot of fun. Hope to do it again soon.

Slowsure, congrats to your 4th overall shooting heavy metal at that!