Sign of future (Gun Control proponent) voting?

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

First I have been following this race and reports over the last several months say the same thing. The results will be skewed by a lot of people who will not even be permanent residents but are living in Northern Virginia due to work in Washington. Apparently, Northern Virginia has a mass of people who reside there, own homes there, but are only there because of work in Washington. I have read several articles claiming McAuliffe will win the election by winning Northern Virginia.

Herein lies the real problem for Cucinelli.

Right now:

McAuliffe: The Anti Gun Democrat who wants stricter backgroun checks, bans on hi cap magazines, an AR ban, and other things.  45%

Cucinelli, the NRA backed Tea Party Favorite: 38%

Sarvis: The Libertarian : 10.8%

8% undecided.

Even Cucinelli's own polls show he is down by double digits but could still win if a majority of the 8% decide in his favor. But the real problem for Cucinelli isn't McAuliffe, its the Libertarian.

Why should people from other States be watching this race?

Because if McAuliffe wins, Demographers are proven absolutely right. The Right is split, the left is standing fast. And the Demographics in the Southern States are shifting. if McAuliffe wins, he breaks a Virginia pattern where 8 of the last Governors who won, won against challengers while the challengers party was in the White House.

If a State like Virginia can elect a leftist anti gunner, after all the bitching they did during the Anti 2A debates and claims they made about not electing McAuliffe, then keep an eye out. It would be extremely surprising if we keep the House and even more surprising if we take the Senate. Virginia has 8 House seats held by Republicans. If McAuliffe can win against Cucinelli, the Dems could take at least 6 of those seats and they already have two D Senators.

Virginia has 65 or so Republican Seats up for Re-Election in their House. I would keep a close eye on that also.

You want to see how the gun debate has gone? How the electorate is perceiving Republicans and how many are willing to vote for a third party candidate? Watch Virginia.

My opinion and my opinion only. If the Dems can win the Governors Office, and take even 1/5th the legislative seats in Virginia. We are going to have a rough time of it in 12 months.

Edited by TankerHC
Guest ThePunisher
The math never adds up for the libertarians and only hurts the more gun friendly Republicans. The libertarians never take votes from the Dumacrats.
Guest TankerHC

People should vote for who they side with on issues. I'm sick of hearing how someone voted for a guy because he may or may not have a better chance of winning.

Count on it. They will.

Kind of a special case there though, McDonnell is an overt cheap crook (seems both he and his wife will be indicted after the election) and all the residents know it. And Cucinelli is of course one of his right hand men and endorsed successor.

Plus, among Cucinelli's other dumb mistakes, his major one, like many Republicans, is his desire to restrict abortion -- when will they learn they won't get the female vote if they don't stay out of their snatches?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest semiautots

Kind of a special case there though, McDonnell is an overt cheap crook (seems both he and his wife will be indicted after the election) and all the residents know it. And Cucinelli is of course one of his right hand men and endorsed successor.

Plus, among Cucinelli's other dumb mistakes, his major one, like many Republicans, is his desire to restrict abortion -- when will they learn they won't get the female vote if they don't stay out of their snatches?

- OS

So if you believe abortion is murder, you should say it's OK?  Perhaps an "election lie" then do a 180 after the election?  That's what makes me hate politicians.

So if you believe abortion is murder, you should say it's OK?  Perhaps an "election lie" then do a 180 after the election?  That's what makes me hate politicians.

Republicans, if you believe they are they only hope, will never win the White House or a majority of the Legislative branch if they continue with the heavy hand on abortions and homos.  Ever again.  The country has shifted rapidly, probably more so in the past few years than at any other time in history.  Conservatives need to change their tune if they wish to conquer.  Drop those two platforms I'd say you will see a massive swing back.

No, but you need to follow the freaking law of the land, instead of quixotic end runs around settled law. They just found that out in Texas regarding the abortion thing, eh? And if necessary, SCOTUS will remind them again. With the overall result of more loss to GOP voting base, so that all other conservative principles are also defeated.

The "I'd rather be right than president" thesis. That's a overall net win only perhaps in your heaven.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Anti abortion isn't a platform, its an indicator of someones morals. I absolutely won't vote for anyone who thinks that murder of a baby should remain legal. Killing a child for convenience is immoral.
If you kill a pregnant lady you get charged with double homicide, even if that lady was on her way to an abortion clinic. Somethings wrong here