Long Guns in Vehicle

McGarrett

I mentioned this in the Get Home Gun thread but thought it best to start a new topic. I would like to hear from any hcp holders who are carrying long guns in their vehicle on a regular basis.

Since it is now legal to carry a loaded long gun, with empty chamber, for hcp holders, is anyone doing it? Anybody been in a traffic stop or other leo encounter with their long gun in the vehicle? I was not sure if the leo's are up to speed on this law change involving hcp and long guns.

If have considered adding my Keltec Sub2000 to my bug out gear that I carry with me in my vehicle but have not done it yet.

I do frequently, but not all the time.

I wouldn't count on an officer knowing the law about anything. When I was pulled over last year, an Alcoa PD cop lectured me about the "law" saying I had to tell him if I was carrying. I just nodded and smiled (my normal response to idiots) but he kept on and on.

I happened to not have my AR in the truck at the time. No telling what he would have said about that given how well he knows the law.
  • Like 2

I used to carry my AK74 with a combat load with me at all times, that is unless I was heading to my buds the occasional glass of whiskey, UNTIL I sold it to finance my Harley downpayment, still regret getting rid of her... oh well, gives me a reason to get an Arsenal, heh heh.

Edited by whitewolf001
Guest RebelCowboySnB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ_hEC5outM

Not had any issue driving around Tn with long guns. They are not loaded though.

Just sold my truck an got a jeep so time to build a new gun rack. Not sure what to do with this one though...

Even with the long gun locked I am concerned they might just steal the whole truck if the long gun is visible. I am sure many of my long guns are worth ad much or more than the trucks I drive most of the time. Not bragging about the long guns, just old trucks.

I may add the Keltec Sub2000 to my bug out gear, since it folds i can store it out of sight in my bag easily.

Thanks for the input guys.