TR24g Accupoint 1-4x Initial Impression

Got my Accupoint TR24g 1-4x green triangle and Bobro extended mount. Love it! On 1x it is super fast and excellent fov. Seems like it will have no problem at cqb range even in smaller rooms and while on the move. Triangle is easy to pick up and extremely bright. The tritium is way brighter than my previous ACOG which I assume the ACOG was dimmer so to work with NVGs but I don't know. I don't have to wait for my eyes to adjust at all to the dark and the reticle is still bright. Glass is usual Trijicon, which is excellent for a sub 1k optic and the body feels robust.

Downsides: I do not consider this a precision optic. I see this as more of a better solution to the aimpoint with magnifier option. Nothing wrong with those set ups if they work for you, just not my thing. The TR24g is a little heavy compared to just a T1 or other small optics without magnifiers. The weight is not absurd, just don't get one thinking it will be a lightweight. If you are a super ninja you also need to be aware that there is some visible illumination leaked out around the fiber-optics in total darkness. If you have night sights on a pistol it looks about equivalent to that. The TR24g does have a hood you can rotate over the fiber optic to adjust reticle brightness and minimize the illumination leak. Another negative is you can't co-witness. At 1x it distorts your front sight post enough to be unusable. However anything beyond 3ft looks like true 1x to my eyes and tracking is easy.

I see a lot of concerns of reticle washout but I don't see the issue. When I force it to washout by looking at a white wall in the dark with my tlr-1hl turned on the reticle turns black but is still useable. When I use my SRS or Aimpoint in the same manner they washout completely with no usable reticle. Now I could toggle up two levels of intensity on the red dots but I really don't like taking a hand off the weapon while entering an unknown. Also don't like starting off two level brighter. There are ways to work around this such as running a front sight up but just wanted to show some differences between the two types of optics.

I know this doesn't really cover a lot of detail so ask any questions. Initial impression is this is a keeper. Excellent general purpose optic that does everything good. Kind of a Jack of all trades Master of none. This will probably become my primary work optic I like it that much. Will I sell off my Aimpoint, SRS, and Leupold and buy TR24s for all my rifles, no. It did shrink my regret of selling my 4x ACOG as I enjoy the flexibility. ACOGs will always have a place in my heart though. Pics to follow once I decide which rifle it is staying on.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the TR series.  I just wish they had different reticles.  They could use their ACOG reticles and I think it would be much more improved.  A horseshoe dot would be awesome for this optic.  I've had a couple of these optics.  I loved them but couldn't really get into the triangle.

ACOG reticles would be an improvement. The triangle is fast though, which was my primary goal with a secondary goal of being able to reach out a little bit with better target identification. The triangle is acceptable to me though not optimal.
I have an accupoint 3-9x40 with the triangle reticle. At one point I was going to send it in and have the reticle swapped for the mil dot. The rep told me they could do it for $100 however people were having problems with being able to see the reticle lines, specifically the dots themselves.

I say all that to say maybe if you have an existing accupoint you could send it in to trijicon and have them put in an acog reticle.
I think it works really well and I only shoot both eyes open. I ran through my house with it and have no problem. Seems about the same as red dots. I will have to actually get in the shoot house at work to see how it handles live fire. I really like how the housing just disappears. With my aimpoint pro there seems to be a lot of thickness and clutter around in my view. You can really float the triangle with minimal practice on the TR24. And the FOV is spectacular. Edited by cch2a